Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painting my bike any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Amy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Painting my bike any ideas?

Well since my bike has a boo- boo, we decided to go ahead and paint it now instead of waiting untill I found the tank I wanted.
It is black at this moment. I had plans to paint it pink like my previous bike was. However I do not want to have to go thru all the trouble of painting the frame.

I am going to leave it balck and take all the decals off but I want to atleast add some pink to it. I don't want tradtional flames and thought about only adding something to the tank so it is still mainly black.

Does any one have any pics of some cool designs? Maybe a scroll or something else? I thought about some sort of ribbon design since it's going to be a chicks bike anyway.

Old 10-30-2006, 06:43 PM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Painting my bike any ideas?

Amy, I do graphic design and would love to do something up for your bike. Are you looking to have it airbrushed and cleared or made into a decal for application? Not sure I can help you in those two fields but I could do the mock-up artwork for you. Just for fun of course, not looking for payment here. Do you have some shots or a link to the tank you are getting? I have some ideas that I could post for you..

Old 10-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Amy,

I met a woman at the New Jersey H.O.G. Rally this summer in Wildwood, NJ. She had a pink and white Ridley that was about 4 months old. We rode next to each other on the boardwalk run that night. The next day I saw her getting some pin striping done on the bike by one of the vendors there and it looked really awesome! Unfortunately, I took video of her bike as we were staging for the boardwalk run, but I have no video or pictures after the pin striping the next day - it was truly beautiful. Pink will look great on your bike. I remember someone once kidding about getting a pink paint job and I thought it would be terrible. After seeing the Ridley, I've changed my mind. Post some pics when you ger her done!

Old 10-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Amy
Elite HDF Member

Goth that would be cool. I am just going to keep my p-nut tank for now. I am looking for some other maybe custom tank later on but will keep what I have untill I find the right one.
My husband owns 2 body shops so he will do the work for me, but I asked him to let me help and he's gonna "try" to let me.
(This could turn into something VERY stressful.)

Anyway.....I want something different and not sure what I want. I don't want the saome old flames that everyone else uses. I would like something that still makes the bike look black. Mark painted some flames on a black bike a few weeks ago and it looked really good but with the silver flames everywhere it made it look tri-colored. ( Not sure if that makes since or not)

I thought maybe a ribon design or maybe even something with the devil tail look, all done in pink.

I would love to hear or see any designs.
My last bike was hot pink with glitter EVERYWHERE and when we went to bike week, people were taking pics of it. When we came back down again that same year........a girl past by us and had the EXACT same bike as I had. Even the little custom things I did were copied. So I sold the bike

Old 10-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Amy
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Thumper26

Amy,

I met a woman at the New Jersey H.O.G. Rally this summer in Wildwood, NJ. She had a pink and white Ridley that was about 4 months old. We rode next to each other on the boardwalk run that night. The next day I saw her getting some pin striping done on the bike by one of the vendors there and it looked really awesome! Unfortunately, I took video of her bike as we were staging for the boardwalk run, but I have no video or pictures after the pin striping the next day - it was truly beautiful. Pink will look great on your bike. I remember someone once kidding about getting a pink paint job and I thought it would be terrible. After seeing the Ridley, I've changed my mind. Post some pics when you ger her done!

Would love to see what you did get though.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:48 AM
Lamo70
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about black with pink flames ?

Old 10-31-2006, 06:43 AM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior

Amy, thats cool. I have a great idea based on what you have told me here. Does your tank have an HD logo on it? Decal? Bolt on? Are you going to keep the logo or do you want a black base with your own graphics and not "Sportster" or "Harley Davidson" logo? I want to do a mock up for you but I want to get the tank right. :-)

Old 10-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Amy
Elite HDF Member

It's a stock 2005 vivid black p-nut tank. It does have the sportster decal but I want that gone. I hate it.
It doesn't have any bolt on things.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:09 PM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior

Cool, I will post later tonight!

Old 10-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Redhawk
Road Captain

Amy, there's two good choices close by. Wild Bill is out of Concord/Kannapolis area. You can find him at the MB & Cherokee rallies. I'm not sure if he has a shop. He done my sporty. Then there's Robbie, he's out of Denver & does awsome work. Here's a link to his site.

http://robbiesairbrush.com/

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Painting my bike any ideas?