Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have highway pegs on their Sporty?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 05:05 PM
jhamilton118
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a engine guard and footpegs on my C sportster and I really didnt like them felt like I was pushing my self off the bike. so I just figured there was some wasted cash but I kept them on for the fact er well they look ok and not hurting anything..... then I added a mustang seat with a backrest figured the other day I would try the highway pegs one more time and for me at 6'1 and the backrest they work great...Now

Old 05-28-2011, 10:25 PM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by warrick
You can get those adjustable mounts on e-bay for around $90 in chrome. I found a used set for $50 and had them powdercoated black. Having mids and adjustable highway pegs is a perfect set-up in my opinion.
That's my set-up and I'm stickin' to it.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Biker Chad
Intermediate

RIVCO VTX13004 mounts sell for $139.95 (pegs sold seperatly $44.95-$79.95 depending on model you pick) The mounts are fully adjustable and fit on 2004 and newer Sportsters with a 1.3/8" frame downtube.
To ensure that you get the correct highway mount or clamp set for your application you will need to find the diameter of the tube, to do this take a tape measure or soft ruler of some sort measure the tube's circumference (distance around). If you do not have a flexible ruler or tape handy, take a piece of paper and wrap it around the tube in question, then mark the start and finish points, now take the paper off of the tube and measure the start to finish lines then divide that number by pie (3.14).

Old 07-14-2011, 02:20 PM
humpyy57
Tourer

I had mid controls with highway pegs and switched to forward controls and left the mid mounts on for a different position .When I want to stretch out I just rest my ankles on the forward control pegs

Old 07-14-2011, 07:47 PM
montelatici
Cruiser

I bought the HD highway pegs for my 2009 that mount to the flange on the lower frame. Expensive and you also have to buy pegs, but they are nicely made. Very comfortable with mid mount controls.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:35 PM
tripn88
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have the HD adjustable highway pegs yeah they are expensive you can find them cheaper but they are nice to stretch out. With the pegs set as far foward as possible I feel like i have to fight to keep my feet on the pegs. Im 6'1" I set them closer and Ill be trying that for the next few days. I have a 200 mile ride coming up this weekend. I also set my feet up on the passenger pegs every now and then. I thought that would be uncomfortable but not to bad for a little bit. Makes me want to lay on the tank and open her up. I thought about foward controls but I feel that I should stick with the mids and just use the highway pegs more options IMO.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Nubz
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Osco
Cramped on "Forward" controls ?
an yer 5' 10"

Ok If you say so,,,
LOL

Besides it's a sportster not a limo

Old 07-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Ergonight
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tripn88
I also have the HD adjustable highway pegs yeah they are expensive you can find them cheaper but they are nice to stretch out. With the pegs set as far foward as possible I feel like i have to fight to keep my feet on the pegs. Im 6'1" I set them closer and Ill be trying that for the next few days. I have a 200 mile ride coming up this weekend. I also set my feet up on the passenger pegs every now and then. I thought that would be uncomfortable but not to bad for a little bit. Makes me want to lay on the tank and open her up. I thought about foward controls but I feel that I should stick with the mids and just use the highway pegs more options IMO.
Managed to win the bid on a pair of used HD highway pegs just the other night on ebay. Can't wait to get them powder coated and mounted so I can try them out. Looks like this is a good way to go, at least as a cheap transition to forward controls. Talk about expensive. 56 bucks for the used highway pegs vs. $300+ for new forwards? Yikes.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:40 AM
arm_xl1200c
Cruiser

I bought the Kury adjustable cruise bar and I really like it. I'm 5'11'' and it really helps on everything from around town to long trips. I got mine for less than a buck fifty and had it on in about an hour. Check the garage for pics.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:04 AM
XTsHOG
Tourer

My bike came with a hwy guard. Plus the previous owner swapped out stock pegs for chrome o ring pegs. So I put the stock back on pass peg and put the chrome pegs on the guard.
I also am 6'2" and have forward controls so in traffic I use the forwards and clear of Cagers I use the hwy pegs.

All that I need is a remote and recline back. Lol
Alot of ppl, are surprised it's a sportster because of my riding position and say it looks comfortable. Well for me it is and that's who I am to please.
Plus having your feet on the hwy pegs is a good way to show off your boot knife. And we know every boyscout should Carry a knife. Hehehe

Quick Reply: Anyone have highway pegs on their Sporty?