Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rant-Kinda got screwed my a member

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:31 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Rant-Kinda got screwed my a member

for get it

Last edited by XL50#674; 05-02-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:36 AM
2PawsRiver
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If he gave you the wrong part number, he needs to give you all your money back, plus whatever it takes to ship it back or on to somebody that can use it.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 AM
schwingding
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You know, this is BULLSH*T - trial by internet is pure crap, as is the case here. The act of coming on to a "public" forum and calling another member out on YOUR SIDE ONLY of a transaction should not be tolerated. There may be perfectly good reasons for the unfortunately less than perfect transaction, none of which we are privy to here.

Now, that you've called another member out, what do you expect is the outcome from this? If he doesn't come here to defend himself, it looks suspicious, and if he tries to give his side of the story, it'll be a total he said, she said. Nobody wins. You should take it up with him, or a legal expert if necessary, but don't bring this kind of crap here.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Cpitch
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CONTEST PAYMENT ON PAYPAL!!!!!!! Thats why you have paypal man. You can contest the payment and they will give you your money back...I think. LOL when I sold my mustang on ebay the buyer insisted on paypal because if anything was wrong with the sale he could contest it on paypal.. Look into it.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Shadow_otw
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schwingding
You know, this is BULLSH*T - trial by internet is pure crap, as is the case here. The act of coming on to a "public" forum and calling another member out on YOUR SIDE ONLY of a transaction should not be tolerated. There may be perfectly good reasons for the unfortunately less than perfect transaction, none of which we are privy to here.

Now, that you've called another member out, what do you expect is the outcome from this? If he doesn't come here to defend himself, it looks suspicious, and if he tries to give his side of the story, it'll be a total he said, she said. Nobody wins. You should take it up with him, or a legal expert if necessary, but don't bring this kind of crap here.
How do you know he didn't? I was involved in a similar incident a while back and couldn't get the member of another forum to even respond. I called him out and we found out that ******* was pulling the same scam on several sites. Many members of that site had pending transactions. Me getting screwed saved some people money and angst.

So XL50, if you have attempted communication, or if the seller isn't making it right then by all means call him out. If not, give them an opportunity to keep it clean. And Schwing, almost the same thing could be said of your post. You too could have sent a PM.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Cpitch
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schwingding

easy buddy
Why shouldnt he be able to call someone out for wronging him? If the seller has something to say let him come out and say it. he's the one selling crap to people...at least he could fix the wrong he did instead of saying "that sux" basically saying "**** you i win".
Thanks for the warning OP.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM
inswva
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the buyer has exhausted all other reasonable means of recourse, I'm all for calling folks out on sketchy deals. I sure like to know who isn't dealing on the up-and-up. If the seller wants to come in and tell his side, even better.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:14 AM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with everyone else on this, if the seller isn't making it right then by all means WARN everyone else lest they suffer the same fate.

Also, it's happened when once both sides of the story comes out the truth is easily discerned.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:17 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nevermind

Last edited by XL50#674; 05-02-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:23 AM
schwingding
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can come on here and make the same claim about any of you, no proof required. Nothing. This crap has no business being on this forum. You are all being extremely shortsighted, and I'm sure if you were on the other side of this, you'd not be so happy about it. What goes around comes around. This thread should be deleted by the moderator. Trial by internet is inherently unfair.

Quick Reply: Rant-Kinda got screwed my a member