Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming Eagle II Slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Nitro-Express
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screaming Eagle II Slip ons

I'm looking for SE II mufflers. Knowing that HD ceased the production, I'm searching ebay for a longer period, but cant find so far some fitting for my 2008 883 Sporty. Does anybody has an idea where to get ones? (new oder ussed???)

Old 04-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Osco
Account Deactivated
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

(new oder ussed???) I didn't know New ones had an Oder when ya Used em,,,XD

Seriously,,I've only even seen em once.
Whats different about SE II's compaired to SE's ??
I've herd SE's an I still think the Rush slip ons have more base

Old 04-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Booey424
Grand HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if you know the part number, do a google search. You should find dealers trying to sell what they have left.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:45 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Dealers sold out of the original SEII's a couple of years ago, they were not street legal and sounded WAY better than the new SE SP's (SP stands for STREET PERFORMANCE).
You have to search for used ones if you want the good SEII's, or you can buy new Cycle Shacks, they produced the original SEII's under licence and now sell almost the same slip ons under their own brand name now, they are relatively cheap and have good ratings on the site here.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Yup, Get the Cycle Shack Slipons if you want them to look like this.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 PM
jimmylee
Advanced

I have the SE II's on my 2003 883,,i am doing the conversion this week end along with N4 cams,already have the K&N air filter too,,,I was thinking about changing the pipes,, but now you guys have me thinking I already have the right ones one there,,,are these good pipes or will something else work better for me???

Old 04-25-2011, 09:33 PM
inswva
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may be inclined to sell my SE II's. Not sure what they are worth though. I've been considering hopping on the Short Shot bandwagon.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by inswva
I may be inclined to sell my SE II's. Not sure what they are worth though. I've been considering hopping on the Short Shot bandwagon.
I paid $150.00 for mine used in "like new condition" including shipping.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Nitro-Express
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Dealers sold out of the original SEII's a couple of years ago, they were not street legal and sounded WAY better than the new SE SP's (SP stands for STREET PERFORMANCE).
You have to search for used ones if you want the good SEII's, or you can buy new Cycle Shacks, they produced the original SEII's under licence and now sell almost the same slip ons under their own brand name now, they are relatively cheap and have good ratings on the site here.
@ Hotlap, thanks that's a quite valuable information.

@jimmylee, as I learned in this forum to improve the sound of the SE SP's or even of the SE II's a good choice would be BCT Monster baffles, which were designed and produced in a special product line for the SE slip ons.

If I'll get SE II's I will order the BCT Monster baffles. But first one step after the other...

Old 04-26-2011, 04:12 AM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

The first exhaust change I made to my '05 Roadster was to get a set of Cycle Shack slip-ons. They were definitely a big improvement over stock, but at 50-70 mph they put out a harmonic that really annoyed my ears. I then went to SE II's and added BTC baffles. For me, this combination puts out a deeper sound at all RPM levels and gears without the annoying harmonics I got from the Cycle Shacks - and I love 'em. Unless you're looking for the raspy drag-pipe sound, I think most would be very pleased with the SE II/BCT baffle combination - they just speak "Milwaukee Twin"!

Quick Reply: Screaming Eagle II Slip ons