Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please tell me my Dealer is not screwing me!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 02:36 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

Everytime I order parts at my local dealer I ask the parts guy if he can give me 10% off. Usually he'll say yes. I don't pay for labor as no one else ever touches my bike.

Have you asked about getting a discount?

Old 04-02-2011, 05:59 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
GoGetter5862 - Glad to see that your are an amateur psychologist. You are as good at that as you are working on your own bike.

Again you whine about paying $17 K at the dealer and not getting a discount. What do you not understand that that is entirely on you?

I am 70 and have been riding since 1955. The first thing that I learned was to do the work on bikes myself.

Here is my current set up to take care of business.

That is the Ultra coming down from an oil cooler install.
This is a shot of the 5K service set up and accessing the wheels for cleaning.

You can either whine about something or man up and take care of business.
You seem to enjoy whining.

lh4X4 you are a piece of work. Your the only one on here bringing negative answers. I hope by the time I am 70 I can only hope to be as "crafty" as you are (sarcastic). That's a hell of a long time though. Yes I paid $17K to my dealer and have gotten DEALS before. Which I why I continued to go to them. I asked if I was being screwed b/c I honestly have never done this kind of work on my bike and had to use the dealer. I was basically trying to justify through other members on here if 4 hours was a sufficient amount of time to do the job I needed done.

As far as showing me photos of your setup you are comparing apples to oranges. I have nothing like that so how am I to "Man Up" when I don't have remotely close to the set up you have? How I "MAN UP" is being a father of 3 under the age of 6 with the youngest being special needs. To me, thats manning up. Having kids out of the house (assuming if you had kids), probably being retired and having a "super garage" is definitely nowhere comparable to where I am in my life. I don't know what I did to get under your skin other than ask a question on here to board member. I have used this site as an informative site and I have enjoyed being a member until today. I don't get your angle or what your trying to prove but trying to "test" my manhood on a message board is juvenile for a 70 year old. You sound disgruntled and I hope you don't go through your everyday life spreading your negativity and narcism to others. I'll stop now, it's about your bedtime.