Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

not a happy customer

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:31 PM
ggold
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not a happy customer

Who can I contact to vent about a local dealer, is there a main office in Milwaukee? this dealer drives me crazy, to get satisfaction I have to act like an idot and make a scene in showroom. I don't ask for much just work with me, when I was buying the bike I was treated like a king, now i'm just a number. They could care less about me, I was thinking of trading in for a newer model, trying to haggle a decent price when the salesman says, this is the price either you buy it today or someone will tomorrow, thats just 1 of the incidents at this dealer. Their service dept. stinks flat out lied to me. I'm ready to sell all my harley's and get into classic cars. Thanks for listening.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Shadofaxx
Tourer
Default RE: not a happy customer

You feel like a number now ... wait till you have to sit on hold for Milwaukee "Customer Service" for 20 minutes then be told "operator busy ... leave a message".

I hate my first dealer and took it to another one in the area and do business with him now. Good luck!

Old 10-16-2006, 05:51 PM
lunchboxjunkie
Road Captain

Allot of the problems with Harley Davidson and the Dealers is that Harley Davidson doesn't care how the dealers treat you; they are affiliated to the Main office only by the name brand they pay a franchise fee but do not have rules like regular franchises(i.e. McDonald’s, subway, etc…). Every dealership is independently owned. Aside from making sure they know where to deliver the bikes Harley Davidson does not police or even interfere with the way each dealership does business. This is well known by every employee who works for Harley; hell some dealership don’t even honor the employee purchase program or the employee discounts at all. Response from management is a big “Oh Well” go to another dealer. Sure Milwaukee will take your complaint and 86 it as soon as you’re off the phone.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:51 PM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

man im startin to be happy that i got a bike out of warranty, so i dont ever have to take my bike to a dealership. First time i went in was just to buy a battery cover and medallion for my gas cap. There were about 10 guys standing around doing nothing, yet no one would help me ring up my purchase. I went over to a lady at a cashier, she pointed to the other 10 guys and said "one of them will help you", then she went back to reading her book. I finally called out and said "okay, so how do i buy this stuff?" to everyone before somone slowly walked over to ring me up. The phone rang, he picked it up and proceeded to make me wait im not kidding you 20 minutes before he got back to me to finally ring me up. Not one other customer in the the whole shop either. I cant even imagine what the attitude would be like if i brought my bike in that was having problems. Sorry this doesnt help you any, but i hope someone does something needs to happen to wake these bastards up.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Shadofaxx
Tourer

Problem is their having one of the best sales years ever ... ain't gonna fix what ain't broke.

But their ARE good dealers out there, at least some good people at the dealership. man, in your case I woulda waited long enough for the jerk to ring you up then say "hold on I gotta make a call" ... and leave!

Sorry ggold, we aren't make this any better are we. Please give Harleys a chance ... I won't wave at an old car

Old 10-16-2006, 06:00 PM
bmcdonau
Novice

ORIGINAL: saltlick

The phone rang, he picked it up and proceeded to make me wait im not kidding you 20 minutes before he got back to me to finally ring me up. Not one other customer in the the whole shop either.
I don't mind the sales person answering the phone, but it always seems the potential customer on the phone gets more respect than the actual customer in the showroom. They should put the person on hold until they are through with me. I've actually reached over the counter and hung up for them a couple of times.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Shadofaxx
Tourer

ORIGINAL: bmcdonau
I don't mind the sales person answering the phone, but it always seems the potential customer on the phone gets more respect than the actual customer in the showroom. They should put the person on hold until they are through with me. I've actually reached over the counter and hung up for them a couple of times.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Now that's funny! Your my hero for the day!

Old 10-16-2006, 06:32 PM
DieHard
Cruiser

i don't know about any where else but here in st louis all dealers have to conform to Harley davidson on how the dealer ship looks the way it is set up and how many square feet they have before Harley will even ship any bikes to the dealer. Harley caused the oldest and best dealer to get out of selling harleys here when they started doing that. they where Widman Harley davidson. they where a great loss and missed here around st louis. cause the location he was at was way to small for harley. widman did buy a peace of property but never followed through in building a new dealership. so yes harley davidson can force a dealer to do what is needed of them or no new bikes will be shipped to them. they even inspect the dealers here a few times each year.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:11 PM
badbs101
Road Master

ORIGINAL: ggold

Who can I contact to vent about a local dealer, is there a main office in Milwaukee? this dealer drives me crazy, to get satisfaction I have to act like an idot and make a scene in showroom. I don't ask for much just work with me, when I was buying the bike I was treated like a king, now i'm just a number. They could care less about me, I was thinking of trading in for a newer model, trying to haggle a decent price when the salesman says, this is the price either you buy it today or someone will tomorrow, thats just 1 of the incidents at this dealer. Their service dept. stinks flat out lied to me. I'm ready to sell all my harley's and get into classic cars. Thanks for listening.
Yah because nobody who deals in classic cars is a jerk. lol. They're everywhere. Do what YOU want and find a way around the jerks because you're never gonna be rid of them completely.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:16 PM
lunchboxjunkie
Road Captain

i don't know about any where else but here in st louis all dealers have to conform to Harley davidson on how the dealer ship looks the way it is set up and how many square feet they have before Harley will even ship any bikes to the dealer. Harley caused the oldest and best dealer to get out of selling harleys here when they started doing that. they where Widman Harley davidson. they where a great loss and missed here around st louis. cause the location he was at was way to small for harley. widman did buy a peace of property but never followed through in building a new dealership. so yes harley davidson can force a dealer to do what is needed of them or no new bikes will be shipped to them. they even inspect the dealers here a few times each year.
That’s great the way it is in St Louis, but I worked in the York Plant in the IT dept and it if we complained about a dealerships business practices, we were always told we don’t control the way a dealership does business... It is true the new dealerships had to use the Harley Davidson look a far as the buildings go and old dealerships that couldn’t get the funds or refused to, did not get their franchise renewed, but the corporate office can only suggest business practices they don't enforce them here in York or anywhere else as far as I was informed and they never send anybody from the main plant to inspect the dealership on a regular basis. Just curious did you get this info from the dealer or the home office? Because the dealers here in and around the York area kind of throw it your face that they don’t answer to the Harley Davidson corporate offices if you tell them you’ll complain.

Quick Reply: not a happy customer