Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

not a happy customer

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:26 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: not a happy customer

I know the feeling of being ignored at the dealer. But for me it is only at the parts counter. What kind attitude these people have. I mean if you don't like your job just quit. My local dealer has great service in the service department, and the sales guys are always cool, but the parts guys guys are like talking to a brick wall. Never a hey hows it going, or how can I help you. I ahve to lean on their counter and stare at them for at least half an hour. It is so much of a pain in the *** that I have started going to Glendale Harley for my parts. Sure its way outta the way, but I go where I get treated right. I bought my bike used, and could only imagine how it feels after dropping 20k and the guy is outright rude or just ignores me now.

This is something I am copletely powerless over. I can't control them, or force my opinion on them either. So like I said, I go where I get treated right. right or wrong, that is how it is. Oh yeah, if I need something that I can jsut grab off the sales floor, I get the motorclothes girls to ring me up. they are always really cool.

I still can't believe this attitude that is as big as texas. Oh well...

Old 10-16-2006, 07:28 PM
anubisss
Banned

nd one more thing, this is why I don't have any Harley shirts or clothes or jackets, boots, or anything...

Old 10-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Unamed
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bmcdonau

ORIGINAL: saltlick

The phone rang, he picked it up and proceeded to make me wait im not kidding you 20 minutes before he got back to me to finally ring me up. Not one other customer in the the whole shop either.
I don't mind the sales person answering the phone, but it always seems the potential customer on the phone gets more respect than the actual customer in the showroom. They should put the person on hold until they are through with me. I've actually reached over the counter and hung up for them a couple of times.
Just go over start sitting on all thier bikes fiddling with the switches and mirrors, works everytime

Old 10-16-2006, 07:38 PM
anubisss
Banned

Now there is an idea. but I think they are park in the underground parking, where they can't see the bikes. Any other ideas? Maybe remote video hookup onto their nice 61" DLP in the motorclothes section. that would do it. I might need a little help. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Old 10-16-2006, 08:33 PM
DieHard
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious did you get this info from the dealer or the home office? Because the dealers here in and around the York area kind of throw it your face that they don’t answer to the Harley Davidson corporate offices if you tell them you’ll complain.

got this from the former harley dealer Widman Harley Davidson

Old 10-16-2006, 09:08 PM
eggroll
Road Master

I've filled out those customer comment cards at other businesses and have always gotten excellent results (sometimes a "hush hush" gift as well!). There's got to be a higher office you can take your complaint to, a regional director or something. Keep working your way up that food chain, and rattle the cages. For the amount of money Harley charges for their logo-bearing merchandise (and they are proud of that logo), you should be treated with the respect that all honest customers deserve.[sm=exactly.gif]

Make sure you have your "hush hush" gift all picked out!

Old 10-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Shadofaxx
Tourer

ORIGINAL: anubisss
I know the feeling of being ignored at the dealer. But for me it is only at the parts counter. What kind attitude these people have. I mean if you don't like your job just quit. My local dealer has great service in the service department, and the sales guys are always cool, but the parts guys guys are like talking to a brick wall. Never a hey hows it going, or how can I help you. I ahve to lean on their counter and stare at them for at least half an hour. It is so much of a pain in the *** that I have started going to Glendale Harley for my parts. Sure its way outta the way, but I go where I get treated right.
That is interesting to me because the ONLY reason I drive 55 miles to go to my preferred dealership in Toledo IS the parts guys. There are 2 or 3 guys there that shake your hand and chat you up every time and really know/like their jobs. Based on the bikes they own they know their stuff too. I have another dealership 1 mile from my house and really only go there if I absolutely have to. Except for parts dept, they are the most unfriendly group of people I have ever met.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Dr.Cool
Banned

The dealership I bought my bike from I have grown to hate. I will say this about the owner. I wrote a letter to him, actually emailed the dealership. He responded to me in two days, with a lengthy honest reply. I was very mad that I walked in there and could not get anyone to sell me a bike... with my checkbook in hand. I am not lying, I was standing in the middle of the bikes, only customer there, 45 mintues before close, with my checkbook in my hand... in my hand...

The owner and I exchanged Emails a few times, and I said fine... went back. Got a deal on the bike and then took my riders edge course.

Now... The orginal salesman that I delt with has always been very cool. As a matter of fact, when I went back in I heard on salesperson tell another one to make sure this one guy was help, "You remember the meeting a few days ago."

So, some places do care.

But, the thing I cant stand about that dealer is ONE service guy. He is the biggest idiot on the plant.
He told me the they dont make saddlebag brackets for my 1200c. Lie, I gave him the part number, and he told me it doesnt work. Went to another dealer and the mechanic told me they put them on bikes all the time. WOW.

Drag bars, cant put them on my bike. Again, I asked people here and saw pictures.... no problem.

Then last week... he follows me around and asks me what I am looking for. I told him syntheic oil for my sportster. He hands me regular oil... which promted me to ask him, "Do you know what your doing?" This is all the same service guy.

I vowed never ever to go back... until saturday. That was the only dealer out of the 4 close to my house that had a service manual for my bike... and the service guy was cool. There is one old timer there that is cool. This one guy must have his brother and his sister as his mother and father.

Now, my point. The employee's make the dealer. Some are good and some are bad. There is room to deal on a brand new bike. There is no way to say there isnt. If there wasnt they would not offer "Employee" discount pricing at the end of the year. Its the person your dealing with and how much they want to help.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:24 AM
bikecop40
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I walked into the local dealer here in central Michigan, the only sales person there had his feet up on his desk reading the USA Today paper and after 10 minuets of me looking around at the new bikes someone came up to me and asked if they could help me. I said that I was loking to buy a new bike and they said to go see "Billy," the dude reading the paper he puts the paper down and hands me a brochure on the Sportster and says give me a call when your ready to buy. 60 miles down the road at another dealership I walked out with two(2) 06 1200 XL Low's
But even after buying $23,000.00 in bikes I wasn't able to deal other than 20% off the goodies.
D/C

Old 10-17-2006, 12:56 AM
lunchboxjunkie
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: DieHard

Just curious did you get this info from the dealer or the home office? Because the dealers here in and around the York area kind of throw it your face that they don’t answer to the Harley Davidson corporate offices if you tell them you’ll complain.

got this from the former harley dealer Widman Harley Davidson
Diehard your right, I called a buddy of mine who still works out at the Harley plant in York (Account manager) and asked about the corporate dealership relation and he told me that around 98-99 corporate really took intrest in the franchise and laid down the law so to speak... My buddy did say that alot of the old dealers still have the old school mentalaty(spelled wrong sorry). He said the newer franchises or more along the coporate lines.

Quick Reply: not a happy customer