Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

march 1, 2011. sad day

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:20 PM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

damn man!!. I hope you fully recover so you can get back on the road soon... 95 years old!!.. what the hell???... that's insane.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:40 PM
ride2tires
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heal well. heal quick.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:45 PM
XLOSTX
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about this, hope your back on a ride soon...

Old 03-16-2011, 07:46 PM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. glad yer on the mend and good for you it won't let you stop riding. Prayers for a full and complete recovery. Older folks should be tested yearly, from about 75 on up, imho.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Drdriller
Cruiser

Sorry about your wreck. I've seen some old sob's that are too old and hunched over to walk, get in a car and drive away. The other day I saw some old geezer run over a concrete stop, like at the end of a parking space, and get his old *** stuck on it.

Hope you get better soon.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:04 PM
ntg433
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Get well and go after the Bas****

I was hit by a drunk 40 years ago and almost lost my leg. The insurance covered the bike, the medical and I came out with a few grand. Now that I'm older I'm feeling the arthritis that my doc told me I would get. Make sure you get a good attorney that will look out for you and any anticipated long term effects of the accident. Too many times nowadays they just want to settle up quickly. Oh and see if you can get this menace off the road before he does this to someone else. I thought only here in Florida that they let you drive from beyond the grave. The senior block of Florida voters has pressured the politicos such that all attempts to have frequent mandatory testing after a certain age is DOA, (= political suicide). Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Nick

Old 03-16-2011, 09:27 PM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ntg433
I thought only here in Florida that they let you drive from beyond the grave.
Very true.. how insane it is the fact that HDJunior went through such an scary accident and now has to go through painful recovery because of the freakin' political correctness that is killing the beautiful US of A.. who knows.. maybe this 95 years old fart is a war hero.. or went to third world countries to feed the hungry... but there is no place for him behind a wheel at that age!!! period!!... as ntg433 said... we have tons of issues with old farts in South Florida driving well past their expiration date... bikers should be allowed to shoot old farts on the spot.. just kidding!!! :-)

Old 03-16-2011, 11:42 PM
minalaker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you recover soon.

I agree with some of the other posts on here about seniors having to take the drivers course again at a certain age. I will go one step further and say that everyone should have to re-take the test at least every ten years. There are alot of 25 year olds out there that have no buisness behind the wheel. Not to mention the 95 year olds. If you think about it we all took the test at around 16... and that is it for the rest of our lives? Doesnt seem right.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:38 AM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

my grandpa was 80,he got in 4 minor accidents in one week,my mom took his keys away..if you have a couple beers your dui.. why do they let elderly folks that cant see,cant hear,cant react,cant concentrate,cant remember what they ate for breakfast let alone what they are doing, drive with no restrictions..my motherinlaw is 60 and shouldn't be on the road..my 65yo fatherinlaw is diabetic,he went into diabetic coma from not eating rite,got in a serious head on accident,hit one car head on,bounced off and hit another head on,put 6 people and him self in the hospital, totaled 3 cars and a telephone pole..he was driving as soon as he could walk again

Old 03-17-2011, 02:10 AM
DocHoliday06
Banned

Hey junior,

My prayers are to you and ur family bro. If there is anything that we can do let us know. I know there are a lot of guys on here willing to help especially me. I'm here in Houston till Friday-Saturday so please let me/us know.

Doc

Quick Reply: march 1, 2011. sad day