Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tank lift pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:33 PM
bdavis310
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my lift and wire hide. This is a 2" lift with some brackets I made. I removed the front wiring harness and hid all of the wiring directly on top of the frame and under the tank. I moved my coil over to the left side of the bike on the engine using another bracket I made. I moved my ignition back next to my seat. Then I went to the back and removed the rear wiring harness that sits just behind the engine. I placed most of those wires and on top of the frame, running under the tank and then down under my seat. Makes the engine much more visible and just looks good in my opinion.

Not the best pic but you can see the tank lift brackets and that the wiring harness is gone up front.

Heres a pic of the rear harness gone and all those wires cleaned up.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:57 AM
primostoy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by titus3:5
primostoy--- how did you lift your tank, ?? did you just use stock and drill holes or what means did you use, by all means others reply as well... Another for primostoy---, nice fork extension, what means did you use for that and what degree is that??? Did you have any problems with trail???. either way nice bike and I love your colors.
Bought a lift kit and coil/ignition relocation kit off of ebay, lift is 2", the front end is a Seeger kit, with 14 degrees added to the rake and 8" added to the tubes, handlebars are 12" apes on 6" risors, the bike rides great, just have to get used to the extra length of the forks at slow speed turns, good luck, and thanks for the compliments...

Old 03-17-2011, 06:15 AM
guitarman023
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a pack of wood shims from lowes, stuck them under the tank on the frame and added them until i got the look I wanted, measured the distance between holes, drew up a design on cardboard and I was ready.
Started out with a road closed sign, I cut out the design I wanted, sanded the hell out of it, polished it, and used the existing hardware for the bottom mount, and 1/4 hardware from lowes to secure the top ones. I haven't relocated the coil yet, not sure yet where I want it, it's a bright orange screaming eagle, so hiding it is better for me. Took me about two hours to cut them out and polish them and stick them on the bike.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bdavis310
Here is my lift and wire hide. This is a 2" lift with some brackets I made. I removed the front wiring harness and hid all of the wiring directly on top of the frame and under the tank. I moved my coil over to the left side of the bike on the engine using another bracket I made. I moved my ignition back next to my seat. Then I went to the back and removed the rear wiring harness that sits just behind the engine. I placed most of those wires and on top of the frame, running under the tank and then down under my seat. Makes the engine much more visible and just looks good in my opinion.

Not the best pic but you can see the tank lift brackets and that the wiring harness is gone up front.

Heres a pic of the rear harness gone and all those wires cleaned up.
Nice mode man! Would you mind me asking where you got the velocity stacj and what you think about it?