Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best/Cheapest Place Online to Order Pipes/Stage 1 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Mike07FLHTC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGetter5832
Thanks Mike07! That looks like the what I am leaning towards doing. Can I ask you why you did the Vance and Hines Fuel pack and not the Power Commander or the IEDS (bare with me, I'm new to learning about these things)?
I've always done my own work.Never had a bike back to a dealer or indy .So the idea of having to take my bike to someone else to tune just didn't work for me.Where do you take it that you know they know what the hell there doing? I know lots of guys like the xied but I'm just not sure they give you enough through all rpm's. The fuelpak fit the bill and couldn't beat the price. New on e-bay like $200 bucks. Changed pipes and a/c a few times and just change the settings to tune. If V&H doesn't have the settings on the web site the tech support will give them to ya. Wish I could have gotten a carb bike when I ordered mine so much easier.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:42 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks!!! I just called my Dealer and had them explain to me their $600 Dyno price. He told me that includes the Direct Link computer system.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:18 AM
jesse-austin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!!! I just called my Dealer and had them explain to me their $600 Dyno price. He told me that includes the Direct Link computer system.
Ohhh.....that must include the computer then? Or, now they would have you hooked because of that, whatever that is. What a lame excuse. Those people have no shame. You would in theory then go back to them time and time again because only they have the secret decoder ring to access the link.
Even a drug dealer would give you the 1st one free.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:26 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master

Originally Posted by jesse-austin
Ohhh.....that must include the computer then? Or, now they would have you hooked because of that, whatever that is. What a lame excuse. Those people have no shame. You would in theory then go back to them time and time again because only they have the secret decoder ring to access the link.
Even a drug dealer would give you the 1st one free.
Hahahaa...EXACTLY!!! I am going to buy the pipes, stage 1 kit and the V&H Fuel Pak and do it all myself.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:41 AM
awsomeusername
Stage I

Keep in mind that is you use the V&H fuel pack it only works on V&H exhaust and you can not do engine work. If you plan on running the same exhaust and never dong engine work it works wonderful. With the Power commander you can change the exhaust intake and do engine work and your tuning system will allways work. You can also install it on your bike at home. I allways shop with Ride Shack they have been good to me and the pricing is great!

Old 03-10-2011, 11:12 AM
dHUTCH
Cruiser

Originally Posted by awsomeusername
Keep in mind that is you use the V&H fuel pack it only works on V&H exhaust and you can not do engine work. If you plan on running the same exhaust and never dong engine work it works wonderful. With the Power commander you can change the exhaust intake and do engine work and your tuning system will allways work. You can also install it on your bike at home. I allways shop with Ride Shack they have been good to me and the pricing is great!
Whose cheap dope have you been smokin?

They have Fuel Maps for almost all the big name exhaust manufacturers, and if they don't you email them what you've got and their tech department will square you away.

ETA: I've decided to go the same route......Pipes, Screamin Eagle Stage 1 A/C, and V&H Fuel Pak. I'm stuck between getting the V&H Short Shots in Chrome or doing the Python 3" Slip-Ons.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Blaven48
Road Captain

You can call V&H and tell them your set up with different pipes and they will get you a setting so its not just for their pipes. I use Dennis Kirk for most of my parts and I like others do my own work. Pipes and AC are like the easiest things to install ever. Good luck with everything

Old 03-10-2011, 11:54 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master

Thanks Fellas. I am getting the V&H 2 into 2 Big Radius. I decided that I should go with the V&H Fuel Pak instead of the Power Commander b/c I am basically doing it for looks and sound. I don't for see me buying any other pipes or doing anything to my engine in the future. I would love to have a Dyno but REFUSE to pay why my dealer has quoted me. Does all this make sense for my decision to go with the V&H Fuel Pak over the Power Commander (for what I need)?

Old 03-10-2011, 04:17 PM
dHUTCH
Cruiser

Thanks Fellas. I am getting the V&H 2 into 2 Big Radius. I decided that I should go with the V&H Fuel Pak instead of the Power Commander b/c I am basically doing it for looks and sound. I don't for see me buying any other pipes or doing anything to my engine in the future. I would love to have a Dyno but REFUSE to pay why my dealer has quoted me. Does all this make sense for my decision to go with the V&H Fuel Pak over the Power Commander (for what I need)?
If you're going with looks and sound and not looking to get every last HP out of the engine, then yes. The fuelpak is simple and easy to install.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:50 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master

Originally Posted by dHUTCH
If you're going with looks and sound and not looking to get every last HP out of the engine, then yes. The fuelpak is simple and easy to install.
Thanks for confirming my man!! This hole thing has been confusing as hell for me!

Quick Reply: Best/Cheapest Place Online to Order Pipes/Stage 1 Kit