Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best speedo side mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 08:11 PM
tenringtaylor
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best speedo side mount

I think I'm going to end up relocating my speedo to the left side of the bike. Who makes the most heavy duty mount out there. I'd like something like the Joker without the lights and wiring. I'd appreciate any suggestions

Old 02-26-2011, 08:20 PM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are no others. Just the autometer clamp and the jokester. IMO, the autometer is all you need. They are both sturdy.

$11 vs $200

You pick....

Old 02-26-2011, 09:32 PM
sorensentyler
Road Captain
Received 121 Likes on 68 Posts

imo the joker machine speedo relocation bracket sticks out to far. i have the autometer clamp. ordered it from summit for 12 bucks. painted it black blends in real nice and it is tucked in a little bit. it's a no brainer to me. who wants to spend 200 plus dollars? the only way you'll get an extremely sturdy bracket is if you make your own. go with the autometer clamp. it's solid. summit racing has them.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-3209/

Old 02-26-2011, 09:39 PM
bdavis310
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the autometer clamp from summit as well. Painted it black but it also looked cool in the silver color it came in. Holds by speedo really well, I bolted it to my tank lift bracket and it doesnt budge, wobble, and so on. I can see the mileage fine (but i also run a 48 tank lol.) IMO the joker clamp is kinda bulky and expensive. Thats just my opinion thought so if anyone reads this and they like or own the joker then right on. I bought a new handlebar clamp from fishboy and it holds my dummy lights. Still cheaper than the joker and looks nice and clean.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:25 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member

Been looking at both of these for my Iron. Does anyone have any pics of the autometer installed?

Old 02-27-2011, 12:21 AM
ubiasylum
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Here you go:

Old 02-27-2011, 01:57 AM
silverado_mick
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bdavis310
I use the autometer clamp from summit as well. Painted it black but it also looked cool in the silver color it came in. Holds by speedo really well, I bolted it to my tank lift bracket and it doesnt budge, wobble, and so on. I can see the mileage fine (but i also run a 48 tank lol.) IMO the joker clamp is kinda bulky and expensive. Thats just my opinion thought so if anyone reads this and they like or own the joker then right on. I bought a new handlebar clamp from fishboy and it holds my dummy lights. Still cheaper than the joker and looks nice and clean.

Anybody know if Fishboy still sells those top clamps to accomidate dummy lights? I have mine tucked under the headlight eyebrow for now till I figure something out to do with them. If fishboy doesn't, anyone know who does or have one to sell?

Old 02-27-2011, 02:14 AM
3skulls
Tourer

Look up fishboy on eBay or do a google search. I got one about a month ago.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:14 AM
ItsTomFromNorthJersey
Tourer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sport...Q5fAccessories

I love the idea of having the dummy lights intergraded into the bar clamp, but i dont like the idea that it says fishboy on it, but im sure they make plain ones in black, and its over 150 bucks!! is that worth it?

Old 02-27-2011, 09:44 AM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ItsTomFromNorthJersey
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sport...Q5fAccessories

I love the idea of having the dummy lights intergraded into the bar clamp, but i dont like the idea that it says fishboy on it, but im sure they make plain ones in black, and its over 150 bucks!! is that worth it?

I'm still dumbfounded at this dummy light scenario. Is it really a big deal? Just buy the dummy lights off a "C" model or a Dyna and put them in your headlight visor. GEEZ!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Best speedo side mount