Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a cool accessory?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 04:12 AM
oldncrzy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drdriller
So i just bought a 2011 low custom sportster 1200. The Harley shop has TONS of accessories. What is your favorite and where should i start?
I assume you have the stock seat. Get a Mustang seat. You won't regret it.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Booey424
Grand HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DOMAPOI
If I could afford that, most definitely!!!
+1

Old 02-23-2011, 12:42 AM
DOMAPOI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default e-Bay may still be cheaper!

Originally Posted by Gpsjr10
Small tip on pricing. If you find something on eBay being sold by a dealership as a fixed price, print it out and take it to your local dealer and ask them to match the price, they probably will. If not, tell them you will just buy it online and walk out. I got $50 bucks knocked off of a $250 jacket that way.
One problem with that, is taxes! Even if the dealer locally matches the price you find on e-Bay it still may not be as cheap. In my city, in California, there is an 8.75% sales tax (and a lot of places are a lot higher than that) that will be added to whatever price he matches. So, if you take the price on e-Bay plus the shipping (several of the dealers on e-Bay offer FREE shipping) and it is still cheaper than after he adds whatever taxes you have in your area to his price (and on items that are hundreds of dollars that really ads up), then I would still order from e-Bay. You have to look at the BIG PICTURE!

Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 AM
mtruland
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One problem with that, is taxes! Even if the dealer locally matches the price you find on e-Bay it still may not be as cheap. In my city, in California, there is an 8.75% sales tax (and a lot of places are a lot higher than that) that will be added to whatever price he matches. So, if you take the price on e-Bay plus the shipping (several of the dealers on e-Bay offer FREE shipping) and it is still cheaper than after he adds whatever taxes you have in your area to his price (and on items that are hundreds of dollars that really ads up), then I would still order from e-Bay. You have to look at the BIG PICTURE!
Thank goodness NH has no sales tax! I'm sure to save money!

Old 02-23-2011, 01:22 AM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IronBoy883
Thats a good idea and never thought of it because in my mind ( Harley does not negotiate with terror ... I mean prices hahaha )
America For the Win !
I found a jacket on ebay from one of the dealers so I went into a local dealer to see what size jacket to order off of ebay, I told the sales girl what I was doing and she told me that they will price match with other dealers, even on ebay as long as it was a 'fixed price' auction or 'Buy it now' so, I bought it there. (And didn't have to wait for shipping.)

Old 02-23-2011, 01:42 AM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member

Either way, I still got it for $50 cheaper than if I would have just walked in and bought it.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:49 PM
mtruland
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up a BAL3ST Bright *** Light tail lamp. I can tell it's going to be one my my favorite accessories that will migrate to any new bike I get. It's awesome.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:06 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member

A hot woman on the back is always a good.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:52 AM
oldncrzy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gunner11
A hot woman on the back is always a good.
I dunno. My +2 gets hot flashes all the time. Is that what you meant?

Old 02-24-2011, 10:58 AM
miami
Road Master
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Buy a pine scented air freshner for the handle bars. They are a deal at any gas station.

Quick Reply: What is a cool accessory?