Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportster a girls bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 05:19 AM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sportster a girls bike?

ORIGINAL: SPECIAL ED

LOL
ate the British twins for lunch.
When did that happen? Back in the 70s I rode a Bonnie chop that not only ate Harleys for breakfast lunch and dinner but would smoke most Jap bikes other than the big KZs and road going two strokes.In fact todays Bonneville will beat any 883 and give most 1200s a good run for thier money.Back to the point though, I like the Sportster BECAUSE it was patterend after the brit bikes which were always more of a sporting machine than anything built in America at the time.
In the '60s the Sportster ate everything for breakfast on the race tracks. I think that is what he is referring to. But not being a Harley historian, I could be mistaken.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At a recent ralley I saw a Sportster Dragster. All business with nitrous injection and no compromise anywhere. Just beggin to dine on Bonneville pink slips, it was. I've owned a Bonneville that maxed out far above the 135 I dared to take it. Still, my money would be on that dragster.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:34 PM
captainhawg
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, Sporsters aren't girl bikes, My Dyna is a girl bike. Her name is Maria, fun to ride, never complains, always ready to go ALL DAY LONG

Old 10-09-2006, 12:41 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: HeatherC

ORIGINAL: Broken Leg Rider So it's true. The ladies can ride any scooter, as long as they bring a parking boy

I am going to have to take offense to that comment. I can back my bike into any space you can....and I ride a WideGlide! [:@]

Yeah, not doubt. I know a ladyin New Hampshire that can ride her *** off. Riding a motorcycle is all technique. All it takes is skill. The only place I could see people physically challenged is picking the bike up. But even then, there are proven techniques people of small stature can follow.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:41 PM
hdchamp
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Besides I like girls...on Sportsters or whatever.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:39 AM
guitarenigma
Cruiser

This is funny. I was in a dealer this afternoon and some guy was looking at bikes with his wife. They got to the row of Sportsers and his wife commented on how nice they were; then I overheard him say 'Sportsters; those are girls' bikes'. Would have said something, but figured I was just more secure in my manhood than he could ever hope to be!
Whatta D**K!

Old 10-10-2006, 05:37 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

sissy basta*ds

Old 10-10-2006, 02:51 PM
ionate
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: HDHornet

It's a girls bike if your a girl.
I think this simple answer should be set as an auto responder for this question. When I bought my 883, one of the first things my brother-in-law told me was, "you know what they call these bikes, right?". I knew what he was going to say, but I let him say it anyway. He then said with a short lasting grin, "they're called a 'b*tches bike'.

To which I replied that it would be the PERFECT bike for him.

Seriously - I like Hornet's reply. He's right on the money with that answer.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:03 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I know plenty of women that ride Dyna's, Fatboys, RK's and Heritage. Does that make these girls bikes? Seen a few dykes on E-glides, does that make an E-glide a dyke bike?

Old 10-10-2006, 03:13 PM
eglidebob
Tourer

I think it is all in your own perception,buckeye (by the way...go Buckeyes!!!). I rode Sportsters for many years, from an 83 ironhead (purchased early 90's) to a 2002 Custom. Due to the OL's bad back and the fact that she really loves to ride with me, I sold the sporty and bought a bagger. I never heard anyone , with the exception of a few jap riders on the internet, call the sporty a "girls' bike. Besides, if someone doesn't like what I ride, then screw'em. I am sure there are a few big twin riders out there that don't like the Sportster, but they probably live in a very lonely world with their other "big bad biker" freinds. I would someday like to own another sporty in addition to my e-glide. Those bikes (sportsters) are just a plain out blast to ride and easy to customize and boost performance. Try not to ever have the feeling that anyone is looking down on you for riding a sportster. GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Sportster a girls bike?