Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 06:22 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
DIY - Air Cleaner

• Step by Step Instructions
• Parts Needs
• Visual Guide

Read full discussion below
Print Wikipost

Small, cheap & easy do it yourself air cleaner (lots of pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 11:33 PM
erbilabuc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doe anyone know if the carb bracket is available at auto zone? if so is there a part #

Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 AM
macmaximus
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great work brOtha!! Just what I was looking for!!

Old 07-14-2011, 09:51 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

i know the thread is dead but i'm gonna try it too. been experiencing serious oil blow by with my bike and my ness BS. caleld ness and all they could say is, every bike breathes a little differently and all of them blow oil, some worse than others. um yeah I KNOW! i get oil dripping all down the side of my bike it's so bad. so i'm gonna give this a try. just bought this:

not sure if i can use my ness filter with this setup but i'm gonna try, if not i'll be picking up the autozone a/c this wknd. i'll be sure to give an update and let yall know if it cured the blow by issue in case anyone else is exp. this. THANKS MREED!

Old 07-14-2011, 10:41 AM
2011Iron883
Cruiser

I took off my kit for a while because I sold my truck and was needing to ride the bike no matter what the weather. I bought a new truck so I put the air cleaner back on and WOW what a difference. I cranked up my adjustable Vied to richen the mixture too.

I don't know how much power it picks up but I can really tell.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:04 AM
tripn88
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this the part number 39-441 from Jireh? Im so confused trying to find the right one for my bike.

Originally Posted by bmxatv
i know the thread is dead but i'm gonna try it too. been experiencing serious oil blow by with my bike and my ness BS. caleld ness and all they could say is, every bike breathes a little differently and all of them blow oil, some worse than others. um yeah I KNOW! i get oil dripping all down the side of my bike it's so bad. so i'm gonna give this a try. just bought this:

not sure if i can use my ness filter with this setup but i'm gonna try, if not i'll be picking up the autozone a/c this wknd. i'll be sure to give an update and let yall know if it cured the blow by issue in case anyone else is exp. this. THANKS MREED!

Old 07-15-2011, 12:41 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

^^^no...called jireh and it's on back order and may not be in for a while. went on ebay and found this and it matches up perfectly. goin to autozone tonight to get my filter. just search ebay for sportster air cleaner and you'll find it.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Ta2edShady
Cruiser

I have this same bracket on mine and I can tell you that the little clear washers are junk. Do yourself a favor and go to lowes or home depot and get some rubber washers. Also, if you're not into the chrome there's a black powder coated bracket originally made for a Buell that I've heard works.

Originally Posted by bmxatv

Old 07-16-2011, 09:37 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

^^^good to know it will work though. you can bet your tattooed *** i'll be painting that bracket and little filter black (lol). good lookin' out bro.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Rev. V!
Cruiser

"you can bet your tattooed *** i'll be painting that bracket and little filter black"

Yep, I love having a sandblaster at work for roughing up chrome prior to painting, makes lunchbreaks so much more fun.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:23 AM
89sport
Novice

Not sure if anyone has posted these up but here is another option for a breather. I think they have a clean look. http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/index....t_detail&p=788 Just got mine for $40 shipped on ebay.

Quick Reply: Small, cheap & easy do it yourself air cleaner (lots of pics)