Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Shack slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 12:31 PM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cycle Shack slip ons

Just changed out my stock pipes for CS slipons. I didn't change anything else and it is running great. I have had no carb farts of any king or popping on decel. The plugs look good and doesn't seem to be hot. I put on 150 miles saturday after the swap and it really sounds good. So from what I'm seeing what are you guys opinion should I do a stage one or leave it as is. I am very happy with the performance as is.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: Cycle Shack slip ons

Generally speaking, if you just change your slip-ons (not to drag pipes!), there is no need to rejet. Once you open the intake with a high-flow air cleaner, rejetting is a must to eliminate the factory-lean running condition...

Old 10-04-2006, 03:51 PM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain

Thanks Thumper26, I didn't think I would have to rejet since it is running so good but it never hurts to ask around

Old 10-04-2006, 08:25 PM
humpyy57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put Cycle Shack on my 05 sporty this spring coming up on 10,000 miles with them .Just did slipons no other mods.My gas mileage went up almost 5mpg on highway.Havent noticed anything wrong with bike and love the sound especially out in country when you can really give her hell

Old 10-05-2006, 12:44 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I also put on Cycle Shacks about 3,500 miles ago. No other mods, bike runs great. I am now occasionally getting some carb farts with the cooler weather. But I also experienced an increase in gas milage. The pipes will start to sound even better with some miles. I guess it's the carbon build up inside. When I first put mine on, actually they seemed a bit too loud, and tinny. But they have mellowed with some mileage.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:50 PM
seikan1
Road Warrior

Ok....what does changing the slip ons entail? Can any idiot do it? Will it affect factory warrantees or cause problems when I take it to the dealer for regular service? Will they give me he!! for doing it and blame other problems that may develop on the new slip ons? I have a 06 883c and would love to do something different, but I am afraid of what the outcome from the dealer for service may be.

Just call me a chicken I guess.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe what you did was put on the H-D SE slipons without paying extra for the fancy "Screaming Eagle" logo. NICE! I'm almost certain that I've heard that SE slipons are made by CS. Can anybody confirm that?

Seikan1: Not any idiot can do it, but any idiot with a wrench can it's a half-hour job to swap them out--loosen the clamp around the headpipe, unbolt the rear bracket and you're done. If you're concered about what the dealer might think, just keep the stock mufflers handy and re-install them before you take it to the shop.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:47 PM
humpyy57
Tourer

I have had mine in for service 2 times since putting them on and no one from the dealer has ever said boo about putting them on.I dont know how they will effect your warranty but also didnt worry to much about it.Agree with bg weasel any idiot with a wrench can do it but have to add you need a can of wd40 loosen the mufflersvfrom the head pipes

Old 10-06-2006, 10:11 AM
rbuckfry
5th Gear

I also put on the C/S slipons and the girl runs great. Love the sound (it can get a bit loud at 0600 hrs when leaving for work). Like you I checked the threads in these various forums and the consensus has been, if you just put on the slip-ons you don't need to re-jet. Enjoy your rides and share photos.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:43 PM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain

RBUCKFRY,

I will agree, I know the feeling about leaving at 0600, she is a little obnoxious sounding that early but I'll keep it slow and easy. I just had the best ride so far. I went to W.V. last weekend and done a 150 miles or so throough the mountains. As soon as I get the pics on disc I'll upload a couple.

Quick Reply: Cycle Shack slip ons