Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

girls bike,chick bike,entry level b.s

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 03:24 PM
KSims1868
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In 1969...do you know how FEW options from HD there were for the guy that wanted to buy a bike and just go ride?

Pretty much wan't it just the XL (Sportster) or FL (bagger) that was available back then? The Superglide (or Lowrider) wasn't out yet, and unless you were planning to chop up the "big" touring bike and rebuild it on a rigid frame the Sportster was the only real option from HD for a light, "sporty" bike.

Personally I think that by modern (EVO era to current) standards Brando would probably have been placed on a Dyna or FXR.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:51 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by kahaone
That's some funny stuff right there! Is there 2 different people here with the screen name of "thegaspesian"?? Because we have 2 completely opposite posts from them in the same thread! Some funny stuff I tell ya!
LOLOLOLOLOL just spit my coffee on my screen reading this one.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:56 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by toolchik26
I'm totally diggin that breast cancer bike! Anything to support the cause
gotta agree, my wife is a double mastectomy survivor

Old 01-24-2011, 06:13 PM
davidearlcox
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
I saw a couple of other posts in this thread that have merit such as this one, in that I will always be respectful of cancer survivors and their family members.

But I waded through the thread in it's entirety, along with the several other recent threads on the same subject. It was hard, but I read through them all. For the most part, I'm of the opinion that these threads are a serious waste of cyber space...

That's what I think.

Last edited by davidearlcox; 01-24-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: typing
Old 01-24-2011, 06:27 PM
davidearlcox
Tourer

Originally Posted by Buckinfitch
yeah, that's what must've inspired Bronson ? his '69 XLH Sportster was an above option remover also

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
This was another post I found value with. Thanks for the photos of Bronson and of Billy and Captain America, Buckinfitch.

I think President Obama Lama Ding Dong should use the quote about picking up a turd by the clean end in his upcoming SOTU Address, as it seems to me to be quite descriptive of his presidency thus far.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:41 PM
daltrey
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
I'm glad to hear she is a survivor. I gotta come forward and say I was only poking fun of the color of the bike and I didn't realize it had a breast cancer symbol on it. My uncle is currently battling stage IV as well as another good friend of mine. So before anyone tries to twist this the wrong direction I just want to apologize if I offended anyone.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:07 PM
davidearlcox
Tourer

Originally Posted by daltrey
I'm glad to hear she is a survivor. I gotta come forward and say I was only poking fun of the color of the bike and I didn't realize it had a breast cancer symbol on it. My uncle is currently battling stage IV as well as another good friend of mine. So before anyone tries to twist this the wrong direction I just want to apologize if I offended anyone.

Daltrey,

Rest assured that from my point of view you didn't offend in any way. I'm speaking about the subject of this thread along with four or five other very recent threads on this forum discussing the same exact stupid subject. Other than some interesting or otherwise worthwhile posts here and there, almost all of the contents of these threads are a waste of valuable cyber real estate, in my opinion.

And I apologize if I have offended anyone with this view, but the topic of whether a Sportster is or is not a girl's bike is getting real old to me, real fast.

Maybe this forum just isn't for me...

Old 01-24-2011, 07:38 PM
daltrey
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I hear ya. It's this freakin miserable winter weather. Seems like every other day we are getting more snow. If it wasn't for the playoffs I don't think I could handle much more of it. I don't see how those guys up north do it. It was actually 46 here today but wet and rainy. Not much else to talk about on here since most have their bikes parked and I've wrenched on my bike for the last two weeks and nothing left to do to it either.

Guess it's time for a cold one and to watch the new episode of American Chopper. <--Damn I must be bored.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:49 PM
stu elpaso
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dan over to http://www.nrhsperformance.com/ has pink tee shirts with

hooligans on girls bikes

on the back.

funny ****

for real men only

get one if you dare!

Last edited by stu elpaso; 01-24-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Rustyrider
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't tell my wife the Sportster is for ladies cause she said she wouldn't ride one.

Seriously guys....G E T A G R I P!!!

Quick Reply: girls bike,chick bike,entry level b.s