Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a tank bag for my Sporty

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 04:41 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just bought a tank bag for my Sporty

Never thought I'd get one, but I found a small one that looks nice.

It sits where my tank-bra used to be, is not overly large, and fits the lines of my bike well.

I bought it because I deal with a certain toll road quite frequently and it is a pain in the butt getting change out of the jacket. I have the EZ=Pass for my truck, but I don't want to pomny up and mount that ugly thing on my bike. Plus it has a pocket on the front for a cell phone, the change pokcet which is a velcro flap and the larger pocket inside you can put some smokes, lighter, keys, small stuff.

It'd made by Daytona gear, is supple leather and I have no concerns about it scratching up my paint -- no more concerns than my leather jacket etc.

Check it out -- I bought this model:
http://www.legendaryusa.com/PhotoGal...oductCode=DGSY

Satisified with it so far -- it is conveinant to have things at easy reach.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:51 PM
eggroll
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just bought a tang bag for my Sporty

That's a tank bag I could live with. I've been contemplating some type of small storage compartment on the tank, but the only ones I've seen are those big honkers. I hear they work great, but they're not the look I'm after.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:09 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

It does work great. And it basically just takes up the same space on your tank as the bra. I actually have ine puleld even further down the tank so the bottom kind of ips onto my seat. It is not tall at all. Just big enough for a few small handy items. And it is pretty much the perfect size for the end of the Sportster tank. I have the 3.3 gallon, but the 4.5 gallon tapers down near the seat to fit this bag nicely too. When I get a chance I'll snap a pic or two of it.

Easy on, easy off.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:47 PM
badbs101
Road Master

Pics Pics.

Looks like a great idea. I bought a fork bag and it's great but this looks like it would be more handy for the cell phone and garage door opener. I want to see how it looks on your bike, then I'll know how it will look on my bike too. :-)

[IMG]local://upfiles/16575/09F573B60BDF484C8EB9B7976FDE3684.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-02-2006, 05:41 AM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

OK, I'll try to get on that in the next day or two. Not sure if I'll be home until after dark -- I work a later shift.

HEre is there website:
http://www.daytonagear.com/

Just choose "tank bags" on the menu. They also list the dealers by state, so you may be able to find one near you to check out. They even make one model made to carry a gun. I have the SY version because it seemed like it'd fit my bike best -- and I like the cell-phone pocket on the outside and the other pocket with a flap to get at some change quickly. IF you want an idea of size/carrying capacity -- just think of the smaller hip pouch/fanny packs people used to wear all the time (still do I suppose). It is definitely not a replacement for a large bag, but for small things it is perfect.

Right now I have my cell phone in the pocket, change in the other one. In the main compartment I have a fleece balacava, cigarettes, lighter and keys. I could stuff more in, like some half fingered gloves and my wallet, but I have no need to right now. If you need more space, they make a larger model. I just wanted it for small things that I wanted to keep handy.

Old 10-13-2006, 08:36 PM
sgreen0313
Tourer

Since no one has done it yet, you know I have to tease you about being able to put your lipstick in it...based on the vendor's pic on their website. ROTFLOL

Old 10-13-2006, 10:01 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: sgreen0313

Since no one has done it yet, you know I have to tease you about being able to put your lipstick in it...based on the vendor's pic on their website. ROTFLOL
Since you brought it up, the lipstick on my face is from your girl! Don't be mad at her, she could not help herself!!!!![sm=kissykissy.gif]

Old 10-19-2006, 08:53 PM
sgreen0313
Tourer

Now see, that's just not right. I have two ex-wives and I'll give you either or both of them.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:10 AM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

hahaha...just kidding of course! No need for ex's over here. My girlfriend is enough of a handful as is!

Old 10-20-2006, 09:37 PM
sgreen0313
Tourer

OK, just let me know if you change your mind! I'll give 'em to ya CHEAP!!

Quick Reply: Just bought a tank bag for my Sporty