Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Share out the sporty, snatch up a Deuce?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006 | 12:14 AM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Share out the sporty, ****** up a Deuce?

His and Her Sportsters are in - at least that's what I hear.

Your wife will love you for saving a few $ and be much more receptive to letting you take some of that $ savings and redirecting it into accessories for the new ride.

At least that's what I hear.

Old 10-02-2006 | 10:34 AM
yomomma22
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: kk0210

Buy the Duece, then you have two HD's which is always better than one. When the wife doesn't ride the sporty you have that, otherwise you have the deuce. Win Win.

I agree.. Buy the duece and have both. Then you will be able to ride both. Cant go wrong there.

Old 10-02-2006 | 06:21 PM
Arctic Badger
|
Cruiser

Wow, I really married a good one! We went to up-state michigan this weekend. Rained the whole time, but we practiced some indoor sports as grandma watched the little one for the weekend. Went out to drive around down town and the lady says "Hey, theres a harley dealership, arent you pricing out chrome for the sportie? Lets stop in for a while."

Hooked!

I got home sunday afternoon, baby went straight for a nap. Lady decided to do laundry and check her email. I made a beeline for the sporty. I decided to drive it like a sporty for a while, kind've let the bike determine speed and line in turns for me.

That dog can hunt, boy!

Zip around a corner, exit 5 mph over what would skid the escape, WHEEE!

Here comes another nice one, no cars around, here we go... outside, inside, rolling the throttle, out(scrape, sparks)side! yippie!

Pull up to a light and drop her in nutral, hands come off the controls. Now I can feel the smile on my face. "I wonder if the Deuce can do this sort of thing?" I say to myself.

Opposing traffic light turns yellow. My hands reach for the controls. I notice a car on my left and my right with their windows down. They're admiring my bike. I give her a little goose vrrOOOM, BLUBBLUBBLUBblublubblub... Light turns green and the bike begs me go let go. I stay put long enough for the cars on either side to get into the intersection. Just....can't.... wait....

Throttle on, clutch out..

Noise, vibration, acceleration, blurring of the cars on either side.

Whoosh, down the road.

Stay with the sportie full time, or pick up another bike? Either way I think i'd be ok. [sm=wootwoot.gif]