Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't get mother&$!@? Fuel pak to fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010 | 05:52 AM
fkaluddite
|
Cruiser
Default Can't get mother&$!@? Fuel pak to fit

I did a search already. I can't get the fuel pak to fit in my 09 883 custom. Is the wiring harness placement different or something? No @$&?! Room to get battery in. I've watched the $&@!?$ing v&h video 50 times and that ahole is full of crap if he expects me to believe it's that easy. What am I missing?

Don't I Need to worry about the wires being pinched, rubbed, cut etc. By jamming them so tightly under the frame rails?

Help before I throw the $&@?!er f@&$!?er through the m@&$?!er f@&$!?ing wall of my garage. I'd punch my bike but my knuckles have no skin left. What a pita.

Old 12-02-2010 | 06:49 AM
chevy94ss
Road Captain

Relax and go drink a beer or two and have a smoke. It takes some finess to get these piggyback tuners in correctly. I had some trouble getting my PCIII in but eventually it went in.

Old 12-02-2010 | 07:50 AM
blockhead1100
6th Gear

Originally Posted by fkaluddite
I did a search already. I can't get the fuel pak to fit in my 09 883 custom. Is the wiring harness placement different or something? No @$&?! Room to get battery in. I've watched the $&@!?$ing v&h video 50 times and that ahole is full of crap if he expects me to believe it's that easy. What am I missing?

Don't I Need to worry about the wires being pinched, rubbed, cut etc. By jamming them so tightly under the frame rails?

Help before I throw the $&@?!er f@&$!?er through the m@&$?!er f@&$!?ing wall of my garage. I'd punch my bike but my knuckles have no skin left. What a pita.
I had the exact same feeling putting one in my 2008 Nightster! The guy on the video must have done it a zillion times to make it look that easy. I FINALLY got it in though, after a lot of "timeouts". Two years later it is still working with no nicked/scraped wires.

Everything should fit but it is VERY snug. Like, no forcing parts together, but some pressure (less than force) is needed in some cases - like the battery. Try a couple different times with wires twisted/curved differently and see which fit is best. I know that once you get it it you NEVER want to take it back out, but if you aren't comfortable with it, just cool off and try again later. You'll get it.

Old 12-02-2010 | 08:17 AM
squirlshovel
Novice

woah! time out bro! its a harley not a ford "you aint gotta slam the door".its gonna fit tight .the baby wasnt built to swallow xtra parts. if its that important to you then its worth takin yer time and usin yer head.be patient and good luck

Old 12-02-2010 | 08:50 AM
joebotics
Road Warrior

things that I have done is to cut off the outer protective casing on the ECM connectors (quite bulky, the ECM cables are quite strong and removing the ECM connector casing won't cause any damage to the connector).. and eliminate the battery strap (double sided sticky tape under the battery keeps it in place... I also removed all the tape that covers the ECM and other cable bundles, it allowed me to relocate the cables individually around the battery... I also eliminated the main fuse support bracket and covered the main fuse with electric tape... all those little things combined allowed me to redistribute things in the tight battery compartment ....

Last edited by joebotics; 12-02-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-02-2010 | 09:10 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned

Originally Posted by fkaluddite

Too much drama....you need to let someone else install it for you before you cost yourself a lot of money.

Old 12-02-2010 | 11:42 AM
Blaven48
Road Captain

I had some problems with mine and it didn't go as per the video. It endes up being to short to go across and mount on the battery itself so I just amounted the Velcro on the metal battery bracket and called it a day. Figure it will be fine there for awhile since I don't need to remove the battery again anytime soon.

Old 12-02-2010 | 11:47 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Are you sure you got the correct one. I had the "mother&$!@? Fuel pak" but had to swap for "father&$!@? Fuel pak"..

Easy does it - sometimes you just need to step back, take another look & try again when you've calmed down a bit.

Old 12-02-2010 | 12:01 PM
alxle84
Novice
Default passion

haha good luck brah, **** makes not wanna do my install this weekend. hey seems you got a lot of passion about the M#$((F*&(k34. use that to get the job done. gluck! have run ripping the bike down the street afterwards.

Old 12-02-2010 | 12:11 PM
Galvatron
Cruiser

@#&K it!