Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see your CREDIT SCORE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 02:54 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by barrachuck
I think thats great...and IM sure you worked hard to get there, and it didnt happen over night. About 10-15 years ago, I was selfemployed, broke my ankle...took a big look around, I owed $100,000..I sat down looked over everything, and in less than 3 years I was dept free. I did without because before I bought things I really didnt need...now the only thing I owe is my lights, phone...normal monthly bills...and it feels good now....less worries...Im saving for my next Harley...(ps-maybe we should work together make a few videos and a few books-sell them.....and become rich!)
Good idea! Wish I was qualified to do that. Best I can do is point folks toward those who are qualified and who give advice that I have proven to myself really work.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:30 PM
dbphotos
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Some need to finance in order to ride. It is the only option for some.

Finance, or sit and watch everyone else have the fun.

That is the thought process that keeps people in debt. No one NEEDS a motorcycle. People have to get a handle on "needs" vs. "wants". Delayed gratification is a great thing when you want to retire.

Figure out how much of a payment you can afford each month and put that amount of CASH into an envelope every month until you can purchase the bike you want. Also, there are A LOT of deals on slightly used bikes out there right now, because a lot of people bought bikes they couldn't afford or their financial situation has changed.

Priorities, priorities, priorities... just sayin'.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dbphotos
That is the thought process that keeps people in debt. No one NEEDS a motorcycle. People have to get a handle on "needs" vs. "wants". Delayed gratification is a great thing when you want to retire.

Figure out how much of a payment you can afford each month and put that amount of CASH into an envelope every month until you can purchase the bike you want. Also, there are A LOT of deals on slightly used bikes out there right now, because a lot of people bought bikes they couldn't afford or their financial situation has changed.

Priorities, priorities, priorities... just sayin'.
That right. Priorities. The final word. Priorities.

If riding ain't no biggy, you can wait. It's likely not going to be ridden much anyway.

But if you are big into riding? No reason to wait!

Old 11-28-2010, 03:44 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tekdiver500ft
Many financial experts say that financing vehicles is fine, as long as you spend no more than 6 years per vehicle
good lord, six years? for a vehicle? are you kidding? if you must finance- it's got to be three years or less. That is one of the reasons you see so many vehicles for sale that people can't sell, they owe more money than it's worth.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,981 Likes on 4,173 Posts

Originally Posted by tekdiver500ft
Your logic escapes me.
I was only talking about a motorcycle as a hobby. I was using the Yamaha as an example and it could easily be a $1000 Harley like I bought if you can do you own repairs. Also I was talking about paying CASH for the first cheap bike till you saved for the better bike. Sorry about the confusion. And of course this is just my opinion that I posted on the Forum and in no way would I tell someone what to do, just what I do and my logic of why I do it which is I think my family comes before a bike. Last vehicle I financed was a 69 Firebird in 1970. It would be interesting to know how many people on here only have a Harley and no car. One posted the other day but he lived in Hawaii. Last time I was there the bus service was cheep and good and a motorcycle would work as an only vehicle

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 11-28-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:49 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

You should call Suzie Orman first before you make any mistakes that will take you down.