Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see your CREDIT SCORE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 11:27 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

my credit score wa slike 823 or somthing.. when i went to buy somthing i got the "well lets see what we can do,can you get a cosigner??"then they check my score and try to sell me evrything in the store..i bought a freightliner to be an owner opperator about 4 years ago.. didnt make it..lost the truck and filed bankrupcy.. my score now is probaly 14.... i dont want to buy anything anyway now.. i own a house,truck,a dog,and 2 harleys..

Old 11-27-2010, 04:19 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hig4s
I always find it interesting that there are books on how to be financially secure by people who are financially secure because they are selling books.

Isn't that sort of like saying the easiest way to become a millionaire is to start with a million dollars?

Most millionaires today earned their money and practiced sound financial principles to get there. It's called working hard, and saving your money. (no I ain't even close) It works every time. I wish I had known back then what I know now! These books are easy to read and many people that have applied the principles taught in them and have gotten out of debt and are beginning to accumulate wealth. I have nothing to gain by pointing the books out, but I do recommend everybody should at least read them. Sorry about getting on the soapbox again, but this guy's books are worth reading, or you can listen to his radio show. I like money, he has helped me have more. Just trying to pass on a good thing. It's like the old saying, "don't knock it till you've tried it". (I'm now on my second HD, an 08 Ultra I bought new, with cash. I couldn't have done that had I naught listened to ol' Dave and applied the principles he teaches......so yeah, I'm a believer. P.S. Everything I own is paid for and I have no dept, feels really good too. I wish everybody could know the feeling! )

Last edited by mike5511; 11-27-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by hig4s
Isn't that sort of like saying the easiest way to become a millionaire is to start with a million dollars?
Nah, the easiest way to become a millionaire is to start with two million dollars...

Old 11-27-2010, 07:55 AM
simmy711
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my IRON, I qualified for a no money down loan through Harley. I financed mine through Eagle Mark and even with qualifying with no money down, the best rate they could give me was 9.49% which I thought was crap. My bike was $10,500 out the door with V&H SS, Tuner, and heavy breather. I pay $225/month for 60 months, but I am on schedule to pay it off in 36 months. I think your best bet is to go through a credit union or local bank and compare their rates. I wanted the bike and had already made up my mind so I just went through Eagle Mark.

Last edited by simmy711; 11-27-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:30 AM
HD&CUMMINS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will get approved. You will probably need to put down 15-20%.

I had a 720. I had my wifes BMW suv,a lifted tacoma, a lifted 2500 Mega cab diesel,a 500hp Evo and I cosigned for my brother. Over $100k in just cars on my credit. Needless to say It went down. Now I just have BMW and brothers cosign. Oh and Harley. Brother is trying to refinance in his name now.

Last edited by HD&CUMMINS; 11-27-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:07 AM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Street,

Just to toss this into the mix, don't forget that if you finance you also need to carry full coverage insurance on the bike until the lien is paid off. That could possibly make you end up paying almost $500 or more per month for bike and insurance.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wahlumsurfer
Hey Street,

Just to toss this into the mix, don't forget that if you finance you also need to carry full coverage insurance on the bike until the lien is paid off. That could possibly make you end up paying almost $500 or more per month for bike and insurance.

I pay around $350 per year for full coverage and they break it up into 5 or 6 payments. A non issue.

Go to your local Credit Union, as the majority on this thread have stated.
They WANT to borrow you money and will answer all your questions much better than anyone of us can.

Stay away from HD credit. Their rates are too high.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:20 AM
RumRunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I went to my credit union prior to buying my last bike and they do not do bike loans, tried a couple other around here and same thing. So I ended up going through HD eagle mark and got a rate of 6%, I put a couple K down, but didn't have to. Credit score is 805. I guess the point of my post is that not all credit unions will do bike loans, mine would do a personal loan, but the rate is higher with no collateral.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:39 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't believe in financing or paying 'interest' to someone for the privilege of using their money.

Maybe I'm different but I believe in doing business the old fashion way; cash in hand.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
I don't believe in financing or paying 'interest' to someone for the privilege of using their money.

Maybe I'm different but I believe in doing business the old fashion way; cash in hand.

Some need to finance in order to ride. It is the only option for some.

Finance, or sit and watch everyone else have the fun.

Quick Reply: Let's see your CREDIT SCORE!