Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see your CREDIT SCORE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 08:32 PM
hig4s
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scottfisher
I didn't see this option--Save your money, invest it, collect the interest then pay cash.
Never works for me, I saved up, paid cash for my 883, a month later the heat/air unit died and I had to take out a loan to replace it.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,981 Likes on 4,173 Posts
Default Price

Originally Posted by streetfighter06
Been contemplating buying a second bike. Something "COMFORTABLE" to cruise on and probably take my girlfriend out on. Considering a Dyna or a 48. My Sporty is way too rough and it is impossible to do 2-up on.

I would keep it simple and just do a seat/pipes/bar upgrade. Probably z-bars. Keep it mostly stock.

I want you guys to share your 'deal making skills'. Gimme an idea as to what to expect for a monthly payment with no money down. I'd love to grab a leftover and really get a hot deal. I've never bought new, and I hear people with credit scores around 500 (which is bad) have been approved. My score was 610 last year when I checked it and I make decent money.

There are 7 HD DEALERS within an hour drive from me. How should I approach this?
If you are trying to get best price you will never do it on the above deals since you would be comparing apples and oranges. If you know exactly what you want. Say A Softail Custom with a list of options on it. Just come up with an exact list by part number and write it all down and copy it 6 times. Take a copy to your 7 dealers and present it to them and ask them to give you there best price. If your bike is your hobby as most are do not finance it. If you do not have the cash save it up. You should only finance your house. Transportation if you must but NOT A HOBBY. MOM

Old 11-26-2010, 08:44 PM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by grf000
If you are trying to get best price you will never do it on the above deals since you would be comparing apples and oranges. If you know exactly what you want. Say A Softail Custom with a list of options on it. Just come up with an exact list by part number and write it all down and copy it 6 times. Take a copy to your 7 dealers and present it to them and ask them to give you there best price. If your bike is your hobby as most are do not finance it. If you do not have the cash save it up. You should only finance your house. Transportation if you must but NOT A HOBBY. MOM
Wise words. Thanks, MOM!

Old 11-26-2010, 09:15 PM
scottfisher
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mom's always right...

Old 11-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Save and pay CASH. Why pay twice for something by paying "Interest" to some scum bag that's too lazy to get their hands dirty working for a living so live off someone else's sweat equity.
You'll also demand a MUCH better price by paying cash up front.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:25 PM
hig4s
Road Captain

Another option, if you have a 401k savings account through your work, is take out a loan against it, the interest is usually less, and you are paying the interest back to your own account. I've done it a couple times for different things.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:45 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Read these two books (you can buy them now for $10 apiece) and you will have the answers to all your financial questions .........END OF SERMON...soapbox has been dis-assembled.........good luck!

Attached Thumbnails Let's see your CREDIT SCORE!-drstore-books-bk_fp_revisited.jpg   Let's see your CREDIT SCORE!-drstore-tmmo-bk_tmmo_book.jpg  
Old 11-26-2010, 09:48 PM
hig4s
Road Captain

I always find it interesting that there are books on how to be financially secure by people who are financially secure because they are selling books.

Isn't that sort of like saying the easiest way to become a millionaire is to start with a million dollars?

Old 11-26-2010, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s
I always find it interesting that there are books on how to be financially secure by people who are financially secure because they are selling books.

Isn't that sort of like saying the easiest way to become a millionaire is to start with a million dollars?
Damn, beat me to it!

Old 11-26-2010, 10:03 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My credit score is 96... that is an "A", isn't it?

Quick Reply: Let's see your CREDIT SCORE!