Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportster is entry level budget bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 01:33 PM
NBsportster
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluemidnight
Sportsters are not sport bikes nothing Harley makes really is made to be.They are cruisers one could say they think they are sporty but they are not made to be sport gp bikes.Before i get flamed i think sportsters are the cats meow that 48 is sick and i would only ever own a Harley for street riding.Riding a RR on the road makes little sense to me they are for GP racing where it is safe to go around that sweeper at 110MPH with out worry of someone rolling the stop sign mid apex.
As for the main topic there are douchbags in all walks of life.Even in such a great hobby as riding.I always seen it like this everyone has different taste i would do it different but i like what others do to express there passion a thats what its really all about! RIGHT?
+++1 Well said

Old 01-22-2011, 06:09 PM
FXBadass
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha you guy's crack me up. Typical, can dish it out but yet can't take it? Get offended easily guys? Wasn't born a rich urban biker, and am far from a snob. That is a far reach man.

Wow, let us rename this thread of how much faster and better a sportbike is over a sportster then? Your comments would make better sense to me.

It's funny too Captain Chaos that you made the statement of "Boy, you need to get out more often" to a woman that has been on as many bikes as I am old including my old Vmax that has seen the local track many times, G1K's, Busas, R1's, and all the "cruisers" like the V65 Sabre, CF750 K, V45 Magna(s) (yes we still have 2 in the garage - 1 for crusher, 1 for rebuild/sell) etc. Just wasn't her thing, neither is it mine anymore. I will not bash someone else's ride over it, unless they courtesiously return the favour. Comprendo?

Old 01-23-2011, 03:42 PM
thegaspesian
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

it is an entry level bike and girls like em.
people are ***** and want others to feel like ***** too.
get over it!

xl1200c 2008 "me tarzan, you jane, dis mine harley"

Last edited by thegaspesian; 01-23-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:20 PM
FXBadass
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thegaspesian
it is an entry level bike and girls like em.
people are ***** and want others to feel like ***** too.
get over it!

xl1200c 2008 "me tarzan, you jane, dis mine harley"

Haha Cudos for sharing your opinion as we all did, lol!

Agreed, people are *****, and I know now I am a RUB and a snob from someone that doesn't know me or how often I change my underwear. They should pick my lotto numbers too if they think they know what I like or want. How can I be a RUB if I bought 2 entry level bikes and live in the country? I do agree with your comment 100% "tarzan". Waited all freakin day for a response. Pricewise, yes, HD's entry level bike would be the sportster off the showroom floor. Who doesn't know that fact? Girls like dynas, softails, and the whole touring line in the HD brand also. Whoever doesn't know that, ask them what they like.

Thanks for sharing your opnion too as I shared mine. Peace!

Last edited by FXBadass; 01-23-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:08 PM
bmahon
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for Sportys HD!

I bought my Sporty because that was the HD I wanted and because I was tired of plastic bikes. I like all the quality that Harley is and all the extras you can buy to fix them up and make them personal. I've owned all brands but I like Harleys the best. Don't care about zero to sixty times just the look and sound of my Harley.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:19 PM
SauerKraut
Road Captain

I bought a Sportster for the smaller engine. Those bigger bikes are to fast for me. Oh wait... ...I think I got that wrong.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:10 PM
KSims1868
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I really think they should rename the Buell line to be called the "Sportster"...since it really is the only thing related to HD (sort of) that resembles a modern day "sport bike". THAT would at least make sense.

Then HD could call the Sportster the "Piglet"...since obviously that's what it is...and entry level "piglet" until you feel capable enough to ride 1 of the real bikes (aka: hogs) that HD produces!!

Old 01-24-2011, 02:16 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Off to go look at something more amusing than this thread...
If you need me, I will be over there at the wall, watching the paint dry.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:20 PM
SauerKraut
Road Captain

I unplugged the back plug wire, now my bike is perfect.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Brett001
Road Captain

Its not a sport bike, but it could be a little more sporty.
Sport bikes are nothing like they used to be, some of the most sporty bikes used to be stock Triumphs, a bit lighter and more powerful then what Harley was selling back in the 60's and 70's.
I suppose these days, real sport bikes do over 120 mph in 2nd gear!

I would like a sportster that was 100 pounds lighter and had more ground clearance, but is still good for 2 up rides. That is not a sport bike, but is more sporty then a sportster....

As the smallest cheapest bikes, I guess the sportsters are an entry level bike from that standpoint, but many do not want a really big heavy bike, they are not much fun for riders looking to zip around turns.

They cant change the name though, its tradition!
What would they call them?

Quick Reply: Sportster is entry level budget bike