Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back to the dealer tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 05:48 PM
jojoenglish85
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Back to the dealer tomorrow

Im heading back there for the final (hopefully) battle over the sportster 48. Hopefully i can get it for under 11.5k out the door. Im standing firm on that and will walk to another dealer if i feel like im getting screwed. I just hate doing the dealership thing lol. This time im going with a friend who does advertising with them and who can get me some goodies, since he is the owner's advertiser.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:52 PM

Good luck!

Old 11-05-2010, 06:19 PM
leanhog
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-05-2010, 07:17 PM
mycle1000
Intermediate

the dealer should not be selling over msrp. there may be expenses in shipping and set up, but that should be minimal. go ahead and compare the prices at different dealers in your area (letting them each know you are comparison shopping). if they want your business, maybe they will throw in the first service appointment or something.
are you financing through them, or do you have your own arrangements? that can make a difference in the final price, too.
good luck.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by mycle1000
the dealer should not be selling over msrp. there may be expenses in shipping and set up, but that should be minimal. go ahead and compare the prices at different dealers in your area (letting them each know you are comparison shopping). if they want your business, maybe they will throw in the first service appointment or something.
are you financing through them, or do you have your own arrangements? that can make a difference in the final price, too.
good luck.
$11,500 out the door is below msrp, not above. Even if it's a vivid black one, msrp is $10,499. Once you add tax, title, delivery, and dealer prep, it's $12,080 in Michigan. Granted, $11,500 OTD isn't a screaming deal, but he's not getting raped, and as popular as the 48 is, the dealers don't have to deal on them at all, so it's a fair price.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:00 PM
jojoenglish85
Road Captain

Ya im digging the orange one and that is the one they have there. Its a small town so im sure they want to sell as many bikes as possible. Ill call a couple dealers tomorrow and find out what their pricing is like also before going in so i can have something to compare to also. Im going no downpayment possibly and seeing what their financing is going to be like. I tried a CU and they told me yes but im going to call them back tomorrow to find out the details on the loan since i was unable to talk to them today, they left me a voice mail. One dealer did tell me with my credit that if i went 0 down payments would be 290.00 a month for the first 4-6 months then will be like 160.00 after wards, something about creative zero down financing they play with the bank. Sounded crazy to me and i told him that i need to see it on paper. So i asked my local dealer today to give me a good price and my apr rate on the bike and he said "its easier to explain in person and that i would get the best deal possible" I know they just want me to go in there but im prepared to leave at anytime i feel like im getting shaded. The dealer is having a huge aniversary party tomorrow with give aways, food, beer, women and raffles. So hopefully they don't bullshit me and give me a great deal.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:36 AM
mycle1000
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tekdiver500ft
$11,500 out the door is below msrp, not above. Even if it's a vivid black one, msrp is $10,499. Once you add tax, title, delivery, and dealer prep, it's $12,080 in Michigan. Granted, $11,500 OTD isn't a screaming deal, but he's not getting raped, and as popular as the 48 is, the dealers don't have to deal on them at all, so it's a fair price.
ok on the price-i stand corrected. my main point is that comparison shopping lets the dealers compete for the business. if any of them sweetens the pot a little it is to the buyers advantage. with the current state of the economy it can really be a buyers market, especially with something as non essential as a motorcycle.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:47 AM
sbyumabaker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tekdiver500ft
Good luck!

It’s all about supply and demand, how long the bike has been on the show room, how many other cats been interested in it, how bad they need to get rid of that model to make room for another.

compare here
http://www.chopperexchange.com/2010-...00X-150794-235

Old 11-07-2010, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by mycle1000
ok on the price-i stand corrected. my main point is that comparison shopping lets the dealers compete for the business. if any of them sweetens the pot a little it is to the buyers advantage. with the current state of the economy it can really be a buyers market, especially with something as non essential as a motorcycle.
Right. Totally get what you're saying, just didn't want you scaring him off over the price, you know?

Old 11-07-2010, 11:10 AM
jojoenglish85
Road Captain

I took the plunge yesterday and don't regret it at all my interest rate was 8.49% with harley and i took it. my payments are deffered until march of next year the aniversary of my military career, i thought that was sweet that the bank through that in, because im a soldier. All in all i loved the deal and love the bike.

Quick Reply: Back to the dealer tomorrow