Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Apes in? What do you all think? Survey keep em or lose em?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 05:32 AM
madmax442
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either way if you are happy with your bike I say run it! Yes I don't like apes but to each his own! I just prefer something more in control and down a bit! Everyone has their opinions and likes what they like for different reasons. I tend to like drag oriented stuff cause I like drag racing and other types of motorsports! Like I said to each his own!

Old 10-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Galvatron
Cruiser

I think the mini apes are a nice comprimise between apes and drags. The minis i put on my iron are less that 5" higher than the dtock drags.

On the other hand i think flat drag bars and apes 14" and up look pretty goofy on an XL.

Confort is king!

Old 10-24-2010, 03:24 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by HD&CUMMINS
I could really give a **** what you think. But they LOOK the same as far as being low and well...gay.

You knock apes Ill knock drags.

And wow you posted the worlds ugliest choppers, those arent even choppers. Im talking about Big bear,OCC,WCC, your usual chopper builds not that ugly crap. Ok 1% of choppers have apes and you some how found them.
I think occ wcc and the rest of the overpriced, overhyped, cookie cutter, generic bikes are el lame-o. your breath must smell like ****, cause you have crappy taste.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:28 PM
agedwards63
Road Master

Apes have been the flavor of the month for about 2 years now... will they last??? who knows? one thing that really strikes me as funny is what made apes go away last time is actually most states have passed high bar laws years ago they just arent enforcing them like they used to (or at all)

Old 10-24-2010, 04:39 PM
HD&CUMMINS
Banned

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
I think occ wcc and the rest of the overpriced, overhyped, cookie cutter, generic bikes are el lame-o. your breath must smell like ****, cause you have crappy taste.
Did I say I like their bikes? No, I just said you really dont see them putting apes on bikes.

Wow, can you read?

Old 10-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Aaron48
Road Master

Here is a concept I think everybody should try and wrap their brains around........Opinions are like A$$Holes Everyone Has One But Some Stink Worse Than Others !!

Who Gives a huge **** what someones else uses on their bike as long as its not the other guys wife......LET IT GO !!! SERIOUSLY.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:58 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by HD&CUMMINS
Did I say I like their bikes? No, I just said you really dont see them putting apes on bikes.

Wow, can you read?
Can you comprehend what you write? It is inferred that you like them or at least think that they are not ugly, also, just because some generic bike company is not using apes does not mean that they are on the pulse of cutting edge and coolness. I have seen ALL kinds of bobbers, choppers, rats, with apes, beach, drag bars that look f-ing amazing.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:11 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

HD&CUMMINS, I've been around this forum for a while and I've never seen anyone argue as much as you. Its getting a little tiring. Can you give it a break already?

Old 10-24-2010, 05:20 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

To the OP, who cares what's "in", anyway. just go for what you like. Cause at the end of the day, you're the one who has to ride it.

HD&CUMMINS - I hope that you do get a deluxe, my wife has one and they are great!

Old 10-24-2010, 06:59 PM
HD&CUMMINS
Banned

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
To the OP, who cares what's "in", anyway. just go for what you like. Cause at the end of the day, you're the one who has to ride it.

HD&CUMMINS - I hope that you do get a deluxe, my wife has one and they are great!
So you trying to tell me Its a "girls" bike or what? And just because I mentioned those companies bikes does not mean I like them, think they are nice or anything. Is that what you comprehend? I mean really....

1931Jamesw- All I said was that I would do apes because I dont like drags. Then all the drag fan boys come out the wood work. I was basically saying your "usual" style choppers dont have apes. You dont see HD putting apes on a rocker, or Honda putting 18'' carlinis are their fury. These have the LOOK of a chopper, but may not be a chopper.(Nowadays choppers, raked, 300+mm tire,etc etc) That would look just disgusting.

I dont care what the fan boys say. veritas posted some retarded pictures in his arguement. Worth the laugh.

Back on topic. OP, If you like the apes keep them. Ride them for a few. Meet others with drags/bigger apes and see how it is.

Last edited by HD&CUMMINS; 10-24-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Are Apes in? What do you all think? Survey keep em or lose em?