Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I must have pissed my HONDA buddies off

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 12:52 PM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's your money, buy what you want. Any real Harley fan will admit that a Sportster is as much a Harley as any other model. If you're comfortable on it and it fits your riding style, that's all that counts.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:44 PM
S/SixPack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds to me that your buddies at work are immature, tell them to grow up.
Buy what you want, whether it's a Honda, or Harley, or a Moped. Then enjoy!

Old 10-16-2010, 03:15 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife rides a sportster and ill tell u that she has to slow down to keep from running over me when we r on the twisties and i better not stop to soon on the super slab , they r great bikes and ride what u want i do, unles someone wants to pay for it.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:21 PM

Not only is the Sportster a true Harley (I traded a Big Twin to get mine), but it is the longest-lived model of any brand in the world. Nobody else has had a single model in their line-up for 53 years. To me, that makes the Sportster iconic. Besides, my Sportsters have always been the most fun I've had on two wheels. I've had three Sportsters now, starting with a '57. I've also had rice racers and Big Twins, and I will never be without a Sportster. They are the essence of motorcycling, stripped down and raw. There is nothing there that isn't needed, everything is made to be hard and quick. They ride like ****, look fantastic, and sound better than anything else. Tell your Honda buddies that they are just jealous, and you and they all know it. If they don't like you riding a Sportster, then maybe they should go buy real motorcycles.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Osco
Account Deactivated
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool The Bigger Bikes,,,

Other than the Dyna and the V-Rod,,the dressers even the Fury,,or any other metric cruiser.
They are Bigger, slower,,,handle more like a truck.
They may be more comfortable, better for real long rides.
And If ya spend Big bucks Faster than the 1200 sportsters.

The Sportsters, all Sportsters need better shocks,,
and almost always a better seat.
If ya go top notch yer close to a grand right there.

And still they are the most talked about bike of all.
Been around along time they have,,

How Is It possible that a bike that needs Shocks and a better seat
Right off the show room floor Is so loved by so many ??

Only Sportster owners will ever know the Answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Biggest draw back of the Sportsters Is having
explain over and over again why we have have this silly grin
stuck to our faces,,,

Attached Thumbnails So I must have pissed my HONDA buddies off-sebring-202010-20003.jpg  

Last edited by Osco; 10-16-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Osco
Account Deactivated
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool Have you ever really,,,

Looked at a Fury ?
Shure Its got chrome,,
a cool chopper look,,
Nice sexy shape,,

Reminds me of the many makes of
cars that come out trying to look like a BMW 5 series.
They copy the tail light shape,,
Hood Lines,,,Head light layout,,

Remember who they are trying to look like,,,
Immitation Is the greatest form of flattery,,,
Thank you Honda,
Thank you Victory,
Thank you kawasaki,
Thank you Yamaha,
Thank you Suzuki,
You All make really great Bikes,
:=)

Last edited by Osco; 10-16-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How many of your metric buddies come up to you on their bikes and say "Sounds kinda like a Harley doesn't it?" It is funny how they always compare metric bikes to Harleys. I have never heard anyone on their Harley say, "My bike is as quiet as a Honda." or "Sounds like a Yamaha, doesn't it?" Besides, you can do alot more with a Sporty than you can with a 'Plastic' Fury or a 'Plastic' Shadow. Buy what you want to buy and forget them. They are probably afraid that you will have a cooler bike than them and you can competly change the look of your bike with very simple changes. Just look at all of the Nightsters on here, there are no two alike, and you would never guess that some of them started out as Nightsters.
Have fun, and you won't regret getting a 1200 sportster.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Dirknar
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude! forget the honda cruiser's, unless its a CBR sportbike...Now thats a cool bike..

Buy a 48 or a Nightster, they arent trying to be cool, they ARE cool.. Once you have a Harley, you will "get it"..

but seriously in the end buy want you want and be happy, at least for one season..lol..

Last edited by Dirknar; 10-16-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:56 PM
jojoenglish85
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, just got back from the Harley Dealership AGAIN!!! All i can say is wow, test-drove the 48 and the wide glide today. All i can say is wow! That sporty had me at second gear lol. That thing is beautiful and rides well. Only negative that can be changed is the seat. I need a seat that gives me atleast an extra 1inch or more to be completely comfortable, i had about 1/2inch of *** hanging off the back seat and still loved it. The wide glide fit me perfectly with the forwards and stock seat, but i don't feel like its my kind of bike. It didn't get me going like the sporty did. Both bikes compared to the Fury hmmm... I enjoy the sporter more than either one, the Fury to me just looks more my style than the wideglide but handles a bit different than the glide. I might prefer the fury based on the asking price, the wideglide is 14.5k the fury got a quote for 9.9k Let me tell you one thing about the 48 though, when i was on that thing, until i brought the damn thing back, i had the biggest grin on my face lol. The Harley dealers kind of discouraged me by telling me to get the WG because it fit me better, and i felt like they are all against me getting the 48. Im not sure how much of their opinion is knowledge or sales pitch. But i don't feel like the WG is my ride, if that makes any sense. What do you guys & gals think? Im wanting to go with the Sporty but don't want to be coming back in less than a year like the dealers say because i want a bigger bike like the WG that fits me perfectly with no changes being made to the stock configuration. I almost feel like they won't sell the 48 to me lol

Old 10-16-2010, 06:44 PM
bbb
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they made the 48 to fit big guys that's what would be in my garage...love the look but just makes me look like i am on a scooter

Quick Reply: So I must have pissed my HONDA buddies off