Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well... I did it (new Forty-Eight purchase...)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 05:13 PM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Just dropped the new bike off tonight at the stealers to get the V&H "Blackout" 2-int-1 exhaust, Ness Big Sucker, and Cobra fuel control module. It's been a blast riding it stock, but it sure isn't the same without the sound. A few of the guys at the stealer said the Cobra thing is good, but I've read some "so so" reviews. Wish me luck.

It will also be interesting to know the bike in it's stock form and feel the difference the stage 1 upgrade makes. The two bikes I previously owned already came with the stage 1 upgrade, so I never got a chance to feel the difference it makes.

Should get it back tomorrow if all goes well. Yep, I'm excited.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Blaven48
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should definitely notice a difference. I just did my coil/ignition relocation about a half hour ago in preparation for my Fuelpak and Joker Machine cleaner which should be on the way. The worst part about that coil/ign was the hiding of the wires. What a pain my back is killing me hehe. But it was worth it, looks 100 times better now without that clutter. Make sure ya post some pics up when ya get the bike back

Old 10-18-2010, 08:54 PM
HERE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should notice a nice difference. Post some pics when you get 'er back.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:03 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior

Thanks guys. I'd like to do that coil relocation too, but I doubt I do it anytime soon. I'm going to TRY and stop throwing money at the bike soon and I don't really trust myself to do most things on my own. LOL

I'll definitely post pics and probably even a video when I get the bike back. If all the stars align, I'll get her back today!

Old 10-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Blaven48
Road Captain

Long as you have a roll of electrical tape you'll be fine lol. I used almost a whole roll but you can't see any wires. Its not hard though I'm sure you could do it on your own

Old 11-06-2010, 04:24 AM
Iamlegend21087
Novice

Hey SGT Thump Hows the ride? I just joined recently in hopes to keep motivation to buy a 48 next summer. Is the ride livable? and are you thinking about replacing the rear shocks? Anyways, Congrats man! I'm jealous hope to be a fellow 48 own in june, good luck with the bike let us know how the mods work out.

Adam

Old 11-06-2010, 12:25 PM
SgtThump
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Iamlegend21087
Hey SGT Thump Hows the ride? I just joined recently in hopes to keep motivation to buy a 48 next summer. Is the ride livable? and are you thinking about replacing the rear shocks? Anyways, Congrats man! I'm jealous hope to be a fellow 48 own in june, good luck with the bike let us know how the mods work out.

Adam
Howdy Adam! I went from a Dyna, to a Road King, to this 48 and I honestly don't have a hard time with the ride at all. I mean, if you hit a good bump in the road, it will knock your dick in the dirt. But otherwise, it's fine to me. It's not a long distance bike at all, but I mainly got it for under 300 mile days and it's fine.

I will admit that the small gas tank is getting on my nerves a little, though. It looks absolutely fantastic, but I do have to stop and get gas all the damn time. LOL

Still, it's SUPER fun!

Old 11-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Iamlegend21087
Novice

Originally Posted by SgtThump
Howdy Adam! I went from a Dyna, to a Road King, to this 48 and I honestly don't have a hard time with the ride at all. I mean, if you hit a good bump in the road, it will knock your dick in the dirt. But otherwise, it's fine to me. It's not a long distance bike at all, but I mainly got it for under 300 mile days and it's fine.

I will admit that the small gas tank is getting on my nerves a little, though. It looks absolutely fantastic, but I do have to stop and get gas all the damn time. LOL

Still, it's SUPER fun!
OH MAN! That dick in the dirt comment made me laugh so hard haha.I just got back from the dealer about 20 min ago, Just had to sit on it for a little.I am glad to hear you are loving your new harley. I hear you about the peanut tank, If I do purchase a 48 I was thinking of getting the sporster solo rack and strapping a small gas can on the back for some longer rides. Anyways how are the new mods? Anymore omph from the new exhaust? Anyways congrats again!!

aDAM

Old 11-07-2010, 07:53 AM
cool granny 48
Advanced

Originally Posted by GymRat523
congrats, nice bike. 22 years ago after my divorce I bought a Fiat Spyder, I think it's a guy thing.
A Fiat Spyder?? Sounds more like a Girly Girl thing.
Can a man fit his nut sack in one of those little
things?

Old 11-07-2010, 02:22 PM
SgtThump
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Iamlegend21087
OH MAN! That dick in the dirt comment made me laugh so hard haha.I just got back from the dealer about 20 min ago, Just had to sit on it for a little.I am glad to hear you are loving your new harley. I hear you about the peanut tank, If I do purchase a 48 I was thinking of getting the sporster solo rack and strapping a small gas can on the back for some longer rides. Anyways how are the new mods? Anymore omph from the new exhaust? Anyways congrats again!!

aDAM
I'm REALLY enjoying it! It's so easy to throw this bike around and ride hard. It's actually hard NOT to ride it hard.

I have around 500 miles on it now and I can feel it breaking in nicely. It runs better and seems to be getting a little quicker or something. When I first had the stage 1 done, I was a tiny bit disappointed. I expected a night and day difference over stock, but I wasn't feeling that. Well, I am now. I guess things just had to come together or maybe I'm just now noticing it, but it's a great little quick bike now!

Quick Reply: Well... I did it (new Forty-Eight purchase...)