Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork Bag

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 02:19 PM
rpoteau
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fork Bag

Anyone have pictures or suggestions of a good fork bag? I need something to hold my insurance/registration paperwork and possibly even some small tools and wondered if anyone had pictures of a bag on their bike. Thanks.

-Ryan

Old 06-21-2005, 02:44 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fork Bag

I'm looking for one too so hopefully some help will come this way.

Old 06-21-2005, 03:00 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know if it is very clear in the photo, but I have a soft Harley bag I attach to the riser that fits between the riser and the windscreen. I keep a few tools and my registration and insurance papers in it. In the very top, I have my garage door opener so, since the bag is soft, I just push on the top of the bag where the opener is and my garage door opens. I have a small lock on the zipper but it probably wouldn't keep the crooks out.

[IMG]local://upfiles/699/B491B003A17A4123A89A0E9BACEE0915.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Greywolf
Cruiser

One thing about fork bags, if they are too large the bag may hit the fender when the forks compress and the one I had on mine, a leather bag, scratched the lower tripple tree. To make mounting easy and clean looking I used plastic automotive ties to secure the bag.

Old 06-21-2005, 03:47 PM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out my bag. I have a Harley soft bag on my sporty and it works great.

Old 06-21-2005, 10:04 PM
jeebusroxorz
Intermediate

I got mine at a place in Lake Havasu, Az. Cost me like 30 bucks fits chapstick, paperwork and my screwdriver (with all the attachments) alon with some other misc stuff I might need (cell phone, extra shades etc etc).

It fits right up over the light and dun look to bad!

Old 06-23-2005, 07:59 PM
AZFlyingDiver
Tourer

I have this one from the MoCo - got the 8" version and it works great on my Sporty...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 06-23-2005, 11:02 PM
SuperBee
6th Gear

Ryan:
If your heart isn't set on real leather take a look at www.buywillieandmax.com. They have a bunch of fork bags in several different styles. I got my saddle bags from them (Synthetic) and they look great on my bike. I'm looking at getting a tool bag from them also.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:54 PM
rpoteau
Cruiser

Thanks for all the input. I purchased a slighty used one online for $20. I was thinking of mounting the bag on the back of my mini sissy bar so it rest on the space between the sissy bar and the license plate. Any thoughts on that? I will try to get some pictures as soon as I get it on the bike.

-Ryan

Old 09-08-2005, 06:47 AM
zanne
Cruiser

ok I'm new at this ...hope i'm writing this in the right place..anyway, check out the Saraceni bags. I recently bought a couple of saraceni bags ( a mid size & a smaller one)i heard about in the Thunder Press. I had to fly back east & my intention was to bring my other bike home. I wanted to fly light, but be able to ride home, with xtra clothes, gear. As usual, the discovery was last minute, so I emailed the company (Saracenibags.com) & after a little back & forth, because the company was just a few hours from where i live, the owner's son agreed to meet with me, showed me a few sizes & I bought 2. These soft leather bags fold up real small, but held a lot more than I had imagined & I liked that you could zip them up & they had a small pocket on either end that also zipped closed. They worked out real well, & the only thing I would like see the company do is add some sort of rings in case one wanted to attach a bungee cord or something to. They do come with straps to attach them to the fork. I think the small size might work for what you need. They are sold in different stores or you can directly contact them. 707-538-0870 or through their website.

| | | | | Inbox
Get the latest updates from MSN
MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Search | Shopping | Money | People & Chat Feedback | Help
© 2005 Microsoft TERMS OF USE Advertise TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement Anti-Spam Policy

Quick Reply: Fork Bag