Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 02 883C (Pictures & Bio)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 11:57 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My 02 883C (Pictures & Bio)

Hey there,

About 3 weeks ago I got that beautiful Sporty...which is my first Harley :-) I bought it used, it's an 02 that had 4,300 miles on it. It came with lots of chrome added, stage 1 with V&H Straighshots and some kind of high flow air cleaner, forward controls, lowered by 1/2 inch, tiny mirros.

Let's first start with general pics of the bike:

Since I've had it I've been two major mods: complete Kuryakyn LEDs set and Retro Style Bob Air Cleaner.

1) Kuryakyn LEDs:
It's expensive ($450) but is well worth it imao. I got the run/turn/brake module, front and rear turn signals LEDs conversion kit, and the rear LED taillight. Installation took me 30 minutes, was very easy. See pictures of before/after below:

If you want to put the same LEDs on your bike, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to help you.

Below of a picture of the LEDs on with brake light on (to give you an idea of the brightness of the LEDs).

Lastly, the front before and after:

2) "Retro Style Bob" air cleaner (Dennis Kirk Part No. 183270):
I liked the one I had before but always wanted to have that specific one. Installation was quite interesting. I first only ordered the air cleaner through Denniskirk. Arrived quick, tried to put it on but wouldn't work. Went back on the website to find out I was missing an air breather adapter bracket. $50 later, I try again and doesn't seem easy either. The problem was that the new bracket (Dennis Kirk Part No. H300820) wouldn't fit because of a hose connected to the cab that was on the way. After half an hour of brainstorming I finally figured out how to mix and match bolts and nuts I had from both the air cleaner I ordered and the adapter and managed to put it on and I'm very happy of the result. Tho, I don't know if I did good to keep the two little filters hanging on each side of the carb (see pictures below..market with arrows). If I could I would take these two filters away to make it look smoother...what are the for anyway?

First pic is before, second pic is after, and third pic is to show the little filters in details.

That's all for today. I've ordered a custom made side mount license plate that technically fits underneath the left turn signal like on a Nisghtster. I'll keep you posted.

in 3 days I will receive the chrome Burly slammer kit. Same, I will show you pics

Ride safe.

Vinny.

3) Side Mount License Plate:

I got a guy fab me a side mount license plate. I sent him pics of my bike showing where I wanted it to be installed, he then sent me a drawing, I took some measurements and 5 days later the plate holder was in my hands.

Below you will find 3 pics: one of the side mount itself, and two other showing it on the bike. I wanted it to be mounted like on Nightsters so I bolted it underneath the left turn signal using the chalk nut bolt.

Hope you like it! Costed me about $60 including shipping!

Last edited by Voony; 09-26-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:06 AM
chevy94ss
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good lookin scoot.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:36 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice bike, but I liked the old AC set up better, oh well it's your bike. The LED's are always an awesome upgrade.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by XL50#674
Nice bike, but I liked the old AC set up better, oh well it's your bike. The LED's are always an awesome upgrade.

The old air cleaner setup was nice. But with this one, my right leg is more against the bike which is much more comfortable. Used to have the left leg in, and the right leg out...kinda awkward feeling when riding

Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Steeler
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howzit

great work,Ireally like the look of that A/C.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:41 AM
dm76
Cruiser

Looks good! those 2 little filters are crankcase breathers. there are a/c's that integrate them into the backplate or there are other types of stand alone breathers you can get if u dont like the setup u have now. Google it!
Do you have a video of how ur bike sounds with those pipes? Im installing them on my bike soon and was curious how they sound...

Old 09-17-2010, 11:51 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member

the AC is real nice

Old 09-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dm76
Looks good! those 2 little filters are crankcase breathers. there are a/c's that integrate them into the backplate or there are other types of stand alone breathers you can get if u dont like the setup u have now. Google it!
Do you have a video of how ur bike sounds with those pipes? Im installing them on my bike soon and was curious how they sound...
Just posted it for you. Made it with my iPhone so the quality is pretty poor. But gives you an idea of the sound!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNDdqvg7KEU

Old 09-17-2010, 05:15 PM
PAsportster
Tourer

needs more chrome..

Old 09-17-2010, 06:03 PM
dm76
Cruiser

Damn!! that sounds good.... thanks for posting the vid!

Originally Posted by Voony
Just posted it for you. Made it with my iPhone so the quality is pretty poor. But gives you an idea of the sound!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNDdqvg7KEU

Quick Reply: My 02 883C (Pictures & Bio)