Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proved the Sportster is not a girls bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:12 PM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
My sporty did it w/your GF...
Ha ha, that's too funny.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:13 PM
kahaone
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Truthfully, I believe that anyone who gets their panties in bunch over this stupid crap is an idiot.

And where do some of you people hang out?? These forums are the only place I have ever heard this nonsense....let alone see so many people so upset about it. I have NEVER heard that out on the streets around here.

Grow up.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:43 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 09-10-2010, 05:37 AM
wrightd
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool A Harley is a Hog

I have heard this same thing, however I always wanted a Harley. I purchased what appealed to me for my riding habits. It fit my budget, and more than satisfies my hunger for a Harley. I cannot help the fact that those who purchased the bigger bikes did not think the whole thing thru, about there finances, riding needs, etc... The proof is in the putting, how many miles do you put on YOUR bike every week? I ride the #$%t out of mine every week, and if your not careful I will blow your BIG slow bike off the road. Besides, I didn't buy my bike for other persons like or dislikes in mind, I bought it for me.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:15 AM

I wouldn't recommend calling it a girl's bike in front of the Hell's Angels, Boozefighters, or most other clubs. Sportsters are a very hot commodity in the Outlaw biker community, as they are the fastest and best-handling Harleys. I traded my FXD for a Nightster.

People who propagate this crap are generally jealous. You see, they got dusted by a guy on a Sportster, so they have to denigrate him any way they can, "Oh, sure, it's fast... but who wants to be seen on a girl's bike?"

Old 09-10-2010, 07:34 AM
aliass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone who says a sportster is a girls bike is an ********** .

Old 09-10-2010, 08:57 AM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Odo2451
I'm new on here but I'm guessing this is a sore subject which may have been on here once of twice by your comment lol

Oh god no, we've never heard ANYTHING like this before.........

Old 09-10-2010, 09:32 AM
warrick
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tekdiver500ft
I wouldn't recommend calling it a girl's bike in front of the Hell's Angels, Boozefighters, or most other clubs. Sportsters are a very hot commodity in the Outlaw biker community, as they are the fastest and best-handling Harleys. I traded my FXD for a Nightster.

People who propagate this crap are generally jealous. You see, they got dusted by a guy on a Sportster, so they have to denigrate him any way they can, "Oh, sure, it's fast... but who wants to be seen on a girl's bike?"
I think there is also some jealousy over the fact that a guy spends 7-10k and gets the bike of his dreams. If I went to a dealership with 20k, I would buy 2 sporty's, hell u can buy 4 for the price of a CVO Street Glide.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Pagan48
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tekdiver500ft

Gotta agree with tekdiver on this one. I sold my Heritage Softail and bought the Sportster. Most fun I've had on a bike in some time.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 27 and I love my Sporty. And what I love about it it's that it's small (compared to other HDs) and nimble. I'm 6' and weight about 160lbs and it fits me perfectly well. It doesn't look oversize.

Quick Reply: Proved the Sportster is not a girls bike