Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay, So I think I'll be picking up this olive green nightster.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010 | 02:37 AM
Garcia85
|
Cruiser
Default Okay, So I think I'll be picking up this olive green nightster.

Phew, so after posting a few threads about a few Nightsters (One was all bobbed out, and the other was just your stock silver and black model) I've come across this nightster, I believe its a '07, its stock for the most part except for the pipes. Their Vance and Hines pipes. The guy has it on craigslist for 8,000 but he said he'd be willing to part ways with it for 7,500. The color isn't as common as others and it only has 2,000 miles so I feel like its a pretty decent deal. What do you guys think? I'll be checking it out this Sunday, if all goes well I'll be picking it up.

Old 08-26-2010 | 02:46 AM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks good. I also heard that the olive green was a limited production color.

It looks fairly stock except for the seat, grips, pipes and possibly a dealer download stage one.

Old 08-26-2010 | 07:29 AM
Cpitch
Road Master

ya that looks like a great deal. i really wanted the olive green but i bought my bike a year too late i think...i'm not sure that they sold em in that color in '09...at least thats what the salesman told me.

like mreed said...limited production..

Old 08-26-2010 | 08:38 AM
killer scott
Road Warrior

Yeah I think 08 was the only year for the green. On here, it seemed like it was the most popular color, but America must have felt differently. It wasn't really a limited run, as much as they got rid of it because it didn't sell as well as some of the other schemes. Definitely one of the most missed colors though. Sounds like an OK deal. Just don't let him say that is worth more because of the color. As cool as it is, it doesn't change the selling value.

Old 08-26-2010 | 08:42 AM
Elkwater
Advanced

Bike looks clean. $7500 seems fair epecially with the low miles. Good luck.

Old 08-26-2010 | 09:05 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member

Not bad. Find out if it has a PC III, down load to SERT on it. I see the pipes and there is a sage I AC on it so it needs some type of tuning if it's not done already. The seat is not stock, but looks nice. Over all it's a nice looking bike.

Old 08-26-2010 | 10:50 AM
Beaulaplante
Intermediate

Originally Posted by XL50#674
Not bad. Find out if it has a PC III, down load to SERT on it. I see the pipes and there is a sage I AC on it so it needs some type of tuning if it's not done already. The seat is not stock, but looks nice. Over all it's a nice looking bike.
For my own personal education, how can you tell that it has a Stage 1 AC? From the pics, It looks like a stock Air Cleaner to me...Thanks in advance!

Old 08-26-2010 | 11:22 AM
GringoLoco
Cruiser

They had the olive green in 2007 also. I know this because I bought my 2007 new when they came out, and I wanted green, but all they had was black. They told me that they only made a handful of the green ones and they were allotted in small quantities to each dealer, and that it would be really hard to find one (even my black one was hard to get my hands on, I bought it out from some other dude and waited for them to put it together while I did the paperwork). So yeah, extra rare if its a 2007. The seat is aftermarket, but that's a good thing, as just about any aftermarket seat is an improvement over the stock one. We're specuating it has a stage one download or other because if you do a stage one intake, you SHOULD do something with the ECU, either download or other. I can't tell because I'm using a tiny netbook, but the pic looks like it might have the Screaming Eagle intake kit. The kit uses the stock outer cover, but the housing behind it is tossed out and a better filter is installed. The stock housing is sealed and only has a little square hole in the front to suck air through, while after the kit it can get air from all around the housing. I can't see the little square opening in the front, so I'm guessing it isn't there. Looks really clean though, good luck.

Old 08-26-2010 | 11:30 AM
Psycho Steve
Cruiser

i love that color. sounds like a good deal. looked the other day at a dyna street bob 2008 model that was that color and they said it was a rare color in 08. just couldnt see the point on getting rid of my sporty for it.

Old 08-26-2010 | 11:40 AM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Beaulaplante
For my own personal education, how can you tell that it has a Stage 1 AC? From the pics, It looks like a stock Air Cleaner to me...Thanks in advance!
+1 on this. Why do you think it has a Stage One? That's the stock AC can.

Quick Reply: Okay, So I think I'll be picking up this olive green nightster.