Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike got ran over tonite

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:33 PM
pochunk69
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike got ran over tonite

Need to vent to somebody so why not all of you. Tonite I had my last softball games of the season and after stopped at our sponsers bar to get some food. Had my bike parked outside in what I thought was a safe spot, I parked in front of a car on the street pretty close. My food wasn't even done and a guy came in and said just to let anyone know their harley just got hit. I jumped up and went outside, but before I hit the door he warned me it was laying down so I wouldn't flip. Got outside and sure enough, there my baby laid.

As soon as I got it upright a different guy came back and said he's at the gas station up the road. He told the guy he should go back but he said it's ok it's his cousins bike, he wasn't my cousin in case you were wondering. He got his licesne plate, so I went to the gas station but he was already gone. Luckily the lady working is my brothers tenant, she showed me a receipt from the guys credit card and put it to the side for the cops. She also said where he was parked there was a clear shot of his plates. When I got back to the bar the cops were just pulling up. One of them ran his plates and went after him. The other cop took down the witness statement from the man who followed him. After 15 mins with the cop he got a called that they caught him. They gave him a drunk driving and a hit and run.

When the second cop returned with his info he said they were taking him to jail and that he said he didn't hit it. But, he told me with having a witness and the fact that he was drunk it will be easy to take care of. I couldn't be more pissed off but yet happy as can be that they got his ***.

As far as damage goes pretty much the whole right side is f-d up. Bars bent, grip torn, throttle messed up, rear turn signal, both mirrors, and that's all I could see at night. I limped it to my brothers place about 3 blocks away and I'm going take some pics tomorrow. What really sucks is it's probably done for the year by the time I get it back from being fixed. I miss her already.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:38 PM
whapworth
Advanced

I really feel for you man. similar thing happened to me two weeks ago. luckily was able to find the guy who did it as well. in the end was all superficial damage, Geico (if you have it) was incredible about turning everything around fast. They got me a check and within a week and a half, all parts were ordered, i slapped them on the bike to forgo the long wait at the dealership, got a bit more intimate with my bike, and now back on the road truly better than ever.

There is a silver lining i promise, best of luck and welcome to PM with any questions on how to deal with it all.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:40 PM
DaneKirk
Intermediate

All things considered I think you got off pretty well, that does suck though. My buddy just went through something similar with his Camaro and finally caught the guy a month later.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Elkwater
Advanced

Sorry to hear that. I know I would be heart broken. Hope you get her all fixed up and back on the road in time to enjoy some brisk fall rides.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
madmax442
Tourer

Sorry it happened! I hope everything goes smoothly with the rebuild.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:14 AM

That really sux, but at least they caught the ***-bag. On the up-side, you now have an excuse for more upgrades...

Old 08-25-2010, 06:08 AM
michaelmartin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Dam that sucks. And I felt bad cuz this past Saturday my buddy's wife backed into my bike with her van and knocked it down, but your story just sucks.

Good luck to ya.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:16 AM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey bro, i glad the cops got the guy. bet one thing, all the fools on the forum that cant wait to bash cops wont be chiming in on this one. its great they caught the dumb ***. good looking on the witnesses helping out.

i had a friend in my chapter riding with us a few months back came out after a lunch ride and found his bike out of 54 bikes had been knocked over. did nearly two grant of damage. no one saw a thing.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:16 AM
Steeler
Road Captain
Default Howzit

I like the guys excuce,because it was he's cousins he could leave it.With family like that who needs enemies.H

Old 08-25-2010, 06:50 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

if i stop at a bar and park the thing (whether i go in and have a drink or not) i'll pull it up on the fvcken sidewalk right in front of the place if i can and until someone tells me to move it that's where it stays. you get the occasional drunk idiot that wants to touch it and sit on it but for the most part people just stare at it and are afraid to touch it. i'll take that anyday over some drunk getting in his car and knocking it over then taking off. take that asshat to the cleaners bro! good luck.

Quick Reply: Bike got ran over tonite