Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HD owner!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:21 AM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats on your new bike!

Originally Posted by crhollier
Did I get a bad deal? I'm from southeast texas. Are these bikes going for less than msrp?
I payed 200 more than msrp, but got the 1K mile service on the house. Thought it was a fair deal?

Hi all, long time reader first time poster.....

First off, congrats on the new bike!

You guys have me running scared right now. I know that it seems to be taboo to talk how much you pay OTD and all, but I am finally making it back to US for the first time in 15 years (military guy) and have been looking to get an Iron.

I see people saying that they got theirs for $9,000 and below OTD, but I've only been able to get close to $9,600 stock (fees/security system/taxes included and not in CA). Makes me worried I might be negoitiating all wrong or not hard enough.

I don't expect it, but any advice would be appreciated.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:52 AM
AnimalRides
Cruiser

I just got done flipping the mirrors and removing all the reflectors... eventually want to chop the rear fender, spring seat, rigid struts, relocate speedo, new exhaust... list goes on and on lol.. I absolutely love this bike! I think the rain gods are jealous, because its been raining non stop since I picked her up yesterday.
Congrats! I know exactly how you feel. I think my Shortshots tend to wake up God, and everyone needs to take a leak when they wake up.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Auckland
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ahks
This guy must have NEVER EVER EVER done a single thing not found in the manual... So constructive. We need more of this wisdom around here /sarcasm
Or maybe its the fact that I've read HD forums for over a year Before I bought my bike. Thus knowing that there are 40 pages of Pledge threads and that it contains wax. I guess was the wrong smilie. However we do not have a :UTFSB: smilie.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:25 AM
151fire
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Congrats on the new ride man, you'll love it! Ride safe.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:38 AM
MokeyJoe
Cruiser

Did I get a bad deal? I'm from southeast texas. Are these bikes going for less than msrp?
I payed 200 more than msrp, but got the 1K mile service on the house. Thought it was a fair deal?
I paid $8176.16 with all taxes & fees. They also gave me a credit towards a helmet. Granted I worked a bunch of dealerships against each other. Also, I just had my 1K service with synthetics. I paid $214 after tax.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:43 AM
MokeyJoe
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wahlumsurfer
Hi all, long time reader first time poster.....

First off, congrats on the new bike!

You guys have me running scared right now. I know that it seems to be taboo to talk how much you pay OTD and all, but I am finally making it back to US for the first time in 15 years (military guy) and have been looking to get an Iron.

I see people saying that they got theirs for $9,000 and below OTD, but I've only been able to get close to $9,600 stock (fees/security system/taxes included and not in CA). Makes me worried I might be negoitiating all wrong or not hard enough.

I don't expect it, but any advice would be appreciated.
What area of the country are you coming back to? If anywhere near southern Kentucky...I know where to send you for an Iron. Everyone I talk to that has bought from this dealership & shopped around, said they always presented the best deal. Very true in my case.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:48 AM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by MokeyJoe
What area of the country are you coming back to? If anywhere near southern Kentucky...I know where to send you for an Iron. Everyone I talk to that has bought from this dealership & shopped around, said they always presented the best deal. Very true in my case.
Thanks for the heads up Joe,

I'm going to be heading back to the East Coast down in Florida.
I know that the Florida area is full of HD Dealers, but just can't seem to get anyone to deal with me. The Military Discount I was offered while deployed was a joke, couldn't get a good sales rep, so I'm looking to deal.

Was your price including the security system? (Required for me for insurance purposes!)