Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin vs Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 02:15 PM
wwNightster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+ 1 on the Mustang Wide Solo

Old 08-17-2010, 11:01 PM
flat4fan
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wilburz
i got a mustang on my bike. I am 5' 10" and wish it was sitting back about 1 inch further. But it is comfortable and you can ride all day with it. the stock seat is junk.
Implies that it pulls you forward.

Originally Posted by m3apx
I have a Sundowner 2-up that I tried on my Nighster but found it uncomfortable after 50 miles. I now have a Mustang. It's much more comfortable, but it puts me about an inch or so further back than I would like to be. I'll put up with the extra reach for the seat comfort.
This one goes back.

[quote=hogsport;7152712]I have the Mustang Vintage Solo and Corbin Gunfighter. I am 6'4 & the Mustang sat me an inch or so forward. It is also a flat seat- good quality seat, but I did not like it, matter of fact I am selling it.

This one is forward.

So what's the deal, does is pull you an inch forward, or backward?

Old 08-18-2010, 04:44 AM

[QUOTE=flat4fan;7159370]Implies that it pulls you forward.

This one goes back.

Originally Posted by hogsport
I have the Mustang Vintage Solo and Corbin Gunfighter. I am 6'4 & the Mustang sat me an inch or so forward. It is also a flat seat- good quality seat, but I did not like it, matter of fact I am selling it.

This one is forward.

So what's the deal, does is pull you an inch forward, or backward?
You caught that too, huh? It's got to be one or the other, you would think. I can't imagine it's both.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:56 AM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

On my 1200R the Mustang Vintage Solo moves me back slightly. It is only noticeable when I put my stock seat on in preparation for two-up riding. While on the stock seat, my tail bone is definitely "crowded", but not on the Solo.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:30 AM
Terp84Alum
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine moved me forward.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Terp84Alum
Mine moved me forward.
I am going to guess that it really matters WHICH MODEL Sportster you're putting the Vintage Solo on as to which way it affects the seating position.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:40 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a Mustang solo and my wife has a Corbin Close solo. The close solo may be harder because they reduce the padding to get the rider lower, but it's a pretty hard seat. The Corbin has a really cool attachment system, where you remove the seat with a key instead of a screwdriver. I really like it but my wife complains about the lack of padding after 100 miles or so. My Mustang seat is pretty nice and has plenty of padding, but I'd kind of like the hard back edge of the Corbin to hold me in place on the seat when accelerate. They are both good seats - I believe both of mine came off Ebay, like new for about half or less of the retail price.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:45 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Terp84Alum
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I'm pretty disappointed in the Mustang Vintage Solo. In fact, it's at Mean City Cycles right now getting reworked. Maybe the Mustang Wide is the way to go; who knows. Mine never broke in and is less comfortable than my stock seat.
My suggestion is to save your money and not buy either...just send your stock seat to Mean City Cycle and get a way better riding seat at a fraction of what you are going to pay for either the corbin or mustang.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:17 AM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

forward or back ? must be the model of bike then. 1200C sits me forward and higher with mustang wide vintage. i am going to send my mustang into mean city and get it adjusted lower and back with some other chit. should be good to go.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Terp84Alum
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WildThang
My suggestion is to save your money and not buy either...just send your stock seat to Mean City Cycle and get a way better riding seat at a fraction of what you are going to pay for either the corbin or mustang.
My stock seat is awesome-perfectly comfortable but it's not a solo. I guess if I were going to take a longer ride, I could put the stock seat back on.

Quick Reply: Corbin vs Mustang