Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damm Cabbies

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:30 PM
wanabe
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

around here its women driving suvs on cellphones while putting on makeup that you gotta watch for! as was said above, sometimes you just gotta let it go.
and all that matters is glad you are ok-

Old 08-09-2010, 06:08 PM
LngRidr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since someone mentioned cyclists, they should be your allies. As a cyclist i can assure you most cyclists loathe people in cars just as much as motorcycles do.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:17 PM
3skulls
Tourer

Cyclists as in people on bicycles... Here they fight for equal rights, and want to share the road. I would say 90% of them don't follow the rules of the road. They run red lights and stop signs all the time. They also like to ride 3-4 side by side. Even the ones that try to look like Lance Armstrong.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:11 PM
michaelmartin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seamonster
This guy cut me off before the toll Manhattan bound, he was to far ahead of me thru the tunnel, we met at the light just after the toll, I lost the chain tensioner around 34th and the west side, I still think you may have a future as a detective. I can assure u that a cager will think twice about cutting off a bike once they have a mirror kicked off or a window blown out, it may seem like road rage to you, to me it may save someones life one day.

Ok if true, that helps... I guess. Now, if anything, to go from the entrance to the Holland in Jersey City and then all the way up to W 34th and still be holding some grudge about an NYC hack cutting you off back in Jersey is exceptionally worthless.

A Manhattan cab cutting you off is a given, not a rarity. A motorcyclist with a city cab in his eyeline should be wise enough to know to keep as far away as possible, really.

This story especially doesn't sit well with me since the point remains that he had nothing to do with your chain tensioner bolt breaking.

All I got out of this is he drove slightly aggressively (MAYBE) and you WAY overreacted. In the end, you had a broke bike and he went on to forget you exist and continued to make a living. And no it doesn't sound like road rage, it is road rage. And in any capacity, it will never "save somebody's life someday". That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on here.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Brett001
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think one is only asking for trouble riding in that area.
I take a car through NYC from time to time and think everyone is nutz and even buses will cut you off.
I am always amazed I make it through without a dent.

I think you have to expect such stuff to happen in NYC, car or bike.

I have done some wild and crazy stuff on a bike, but riding through NYC is not something I would do.

Brett

Old 08-09-2010, 08:32 PM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by AnimalRides
If you're not a detective, you should be.
LMFAO!!!!! Good one

Old 08-09-2010, 08:43 PM
michaelmartin
Road Captain

I dunno. The whole thing just stinks of bullshit based around a possible truth to me.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:34 PM
seamonster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by michaelmartin
Ok if true, that helps... I guess. Now, if anything, to go from the entrance to the Holland in Jersey City and then all the way up to W 34th and still be holding some grudge about an NYC hack cutting you off back in Jersey is exceptionally worthless.

A Manhattan cab cutting you off is a given, not a rarity. A motorcyclist with a city cab in his eyeline should be wise enough to know to keep as far away as possible, really.

This story especially doesn't sit well with me since the point remains that he had nothing to do with your chain tensioner bolt breaking.

All I got out of this is he drove slightly aggressively (MAYBE) and you WAY overreacted. In the end, you had a broke bike and he went on to forget you exist and continued to make a living. And no it doesn't sound like road rage, it is road rage. And in any capacity, it will never "save somebody's life someday". That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on here.
You have no clue as to what you are talking about, I have been put into the guard rail before, and have the plates and the screws in my body to prove it, it seems that you are critisizing me because u don't have the ***** to approach someone that has put you at risk,I can tell you are one of those part time riders with a " Be Aware Of Bikers " stickers on your caravan.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:02 PM
michaelmartin
Road Captain

Originally Posted by seamonster
You have no clue as to what you are talking about, I have been put into the guard rail before, and have the plates and the screws in my body to prove it, it seems that you are critisizing me because u don't have the ***** to approach someone that has put you at risk,I can tell you are one of those part time riders with a " Be Aware Of Bikers " stickers on your caravan.

I have all I need to approach someone, and have done so without having to resort to a "1 window penalty" and nor to I feel the need to keep a roll of pennies with me for just such an occasion or kick a mirror off. But I'm smart enough to know how to avoid stupid situations. An escalade from New York passed me in my own lane on the right on the Garden State Parkway this past Saturday just to get 10 yards further in stand still traffic. Seriously ******* move. I just made my way up to him later in traffic, got him to roll down his window and I told him what an ******* he was. He laughed it off because he didn't care. Because he's an *******. And that's what they do. So instead of antagonizing him further by causing vehicle damage and realizing that if he makes one swerve to the left and I'm a fvcking corpse, I had a "conversation" with him and that's about as far as you can go with it.

And no, I don't drive a caravan, nor do I have a sticker like that on anything I drive. I have a Tacoma pick-up with a Lick's and a Biltwell sticker on the back window, if you'd like to really know.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:40 PM
seamonster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by michaelmartin
I have all I need to approach someone, and have done so without having to resort to a "1 window penalty" and nor to I feel the need to keep a roll of pennies with me for just such an occasion or kick a mirror off. But I'm smart enough to know how to avoid stupid situations. An escalade from New York passed me in my own lane on the right on the Garden State Parkway this past Saturday just to get 10 yards further in stand still traffic. Seriously ******* move. I just made my way up to him later in traffic, got him to roll down his window and I told him what an ******* he was. He laughed it off because he didn't care. Because he's an *******. And that's what they do. So instead of antagonizing him further by causing vehicle damage and realizing that if he makes one swerve to the left and I'm a fvcking corpse, I had a "conversation" with him and that's about as far as you can go with it.

And no, I don't drive a caravan, nor do I have a sticker like that on anything I drive. I have a Tacoma pick-up with a Lick's and a Biltwell sticker on the back window, if you'd like to really know.
The bottom line is this, we have all been cut off it happens to me every day as I am sure it happens to you also, 9 out of 10 times I let it slide, when someone comes from behind me and cuts me off, it simply means they saw me and couldnt care less, I respond to that with a "wake up call" I can assure you that it works.

Quick Reply: Damm Cabbies