Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Docs updated Nightster Pics, All feedback is appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010 | 12:29 PM
883_dave
Cruiser

Looks good Doc! Can't wait to see pics with the Lick's bag installed. Stay safe. -Dave.

Old 08-31-2010 | 10:41 PM
DocHoliday06
|
Banned

Originally Posted by nivram39
Oh ya! Nice.
Hey thanks man. all is appreciated.

Originally Posted by TheLastOiScout
Sick ride, looks great!!!!!
thanks scout.

Originally Posted by speedbmp07
Im digging the bike...You've done a lot of what i want on my bike...What kind of forward controls did you get...I am really interested in getting some, but want black ones, bc i plan on putting as little chrome as possible on mine.
thanks speed. umm I actually bought the forward controls off of ebay. I'm not sure which brand i got but i bought them in polished aluminum and then just use a satin black rattle can and painted them. I was gonna powdercoat them but i didn't want to wait to install them so i just painted them myself.
Yeah i wanted to go with blacking out my whole bike but i figured a lil chrome would make my bike pop if that makes any sense haha.

Originally Posted by 883_dave
Looks good Doc! Can't wait to see pics with the Lick's bag installed. Stay safe. -Dave.
Thanks Dave, really looking forward to seeing your bike man. I can't wait to install the bag bud. I think what im gonna do is try to figure out a way to attach my emergency gas bottle to the bag using the fire extinguisher bracket.

My idea is to take a small fire extinguisher bracket and put it on the long side of the bag that is next to the license plate and put a piece of thin wood or something on the inside of the bag to so that i can bolt the bracket on it. <---- if that makes any sense at all. I'm gonna go to homedepot or ace hardware tomorrow to get all the supplies to do it.

Pictures will be coming sooon. But i won't be able to put the bag on my bike forawhile!

Old 09-01-2010 | 01:45 AM
Carlsbad
Advanced

Great looking bike ! Did you have to purchase any longer or shorter cables for the Nash Cigars ?

Old 09-01-2010 | 11:43 AM
DocHoliday06
|
Banned

Originally Posted by Carlsbad
Great looking bike ! Did you have to purchase any longer or shorter cables for the Nash Cigars ?
Thanks Carlsbad,

I actually didn't have to buy new cables. I just used the stock cables and they all fit. The front break cable i just had to detach it from the bottom of the triple tree and just zip tie it to the side of my handle bar.

Old 09-02-2010 | 07:56 AM
ssmena67
Stage IV

Beautfiul bike! 3 questions:
1. WHere did you get the emergency gas bottle?
2. Where can I buy the tank lift?
3. Do you have instructions on relocationg the coil? Was it easy?

Old 09-02-2010 | 11:12 AM
DocHoliday06
|
Banned

Originally Posted by ssmena67
Beautfiul bike! 3 questions:
1. WHere did you get the emergency gas bottle?
2. Where can I buy the tank lift?
3. Do you have instructions on relocationg the coil? Was it easy?

Thanks ssmena67,

1) The bottle is a (water bottle) I got it from Target where they have all the aluminum bottles are. It was like $9 dollars and then i bought the fire extinguisher bracket at Ace Hardware for like $11

2) (NightsterRidester) helped me do the tank lift. We went to Ace Hardware and bought all of the supplies there. I don't know the exact parts or the size each parts but I'll find out.
- But i guess you can just make a 2 inch bracket out of thick metal.

3) I don't have instructions on relocating the coil but I DO KNOW ITS EASY MAN. If you do a search here on the thread i know theres a few people who posted a few threads about it.

I'm sorry I am not that much help to you but I'll do my best to find out more info to help you.

Old 09-02-2010 | 05:58 PM
tandt
Cruiser

I love those bars. How are they fit-wise compared with stock? They look like they might be a bit taller and a bit narrower. Very nice choice.

Also wondering if you got p.pegs?

All around, great bike. Congrats!

Old 09-02-2010 | 07:42 PM
DocHoliday06
|
Banned

Hey Thanks Tandt, I really appreciate it man. Im glad my bikes making an impression across the national borders!

Um they are just a tad bit narrower but i mean nothing that you would notice.
They are taller probably about 4-5 inches. Its comfortable though.

Yeah i have passenger pegs on the bike i got them pretty cheap.

Old 09-03-2010 | 07:55 AM
ssmena67
Stage IV

Originally Posted by DocHoliday06
Thanks ssmena67,

1) The bottle is a (water bottle) I got it from Target where they have all the aluminum bottles are. It was like $9 dollars and then i bought the fire extinguisher bracket at Ace Hardware for like $11

2) (NightsterRidester) helped me do the tank lift. We went to Ace Hardware and bought all of the supplies there. I don't know the exact parts or the size each parts but I'll find out.
- But i guess you can just make a 2 inch bracket out of thick metal.

3) I don't have instructions on relocating the coil but I DO KNOW ITS EASY MAN. If you do a search here on the thread i know theres a few people who posted a few threads about it.

I'm sorry I am not that much help to you but I'll do my best to find out more info to help you.
Thanks for the answers. I did do a search and found a great instructional on Ignition switch/Coil Relo. Here is the link if anyone out there is interested. Ignition/Coil Relo Link. or Cut and Paste the following: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...n-my-take.html Looks easy and this is my next project!

When you moved the Coil, how did you mount it and what did you use? Looks like you mounted it on the cylinder heads. If so any heat problems?

Thanks again for all your help. Awesome forum!

Old 09-03-2010 | 09:07 AM
DocHoliday06
|
Banned

Originally Posted by ssmena67
Thanks for the answers. I did do a search and found a great instructional on Ignition switch/Coil Relo. Here is the link if anyone out there is interested. Ignition/Coil Relo Link. or Cut and Paste the following: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...n-my-take.html Looks easy and this is my next project!

When you moved the Coil, how did you mount it and what did you use? Looks like you mounted it on the cylinder heads. If so any heat problems?

Thanks again for all your help. Awesome forum!

Yeah that tutorial is pretty much how i did it.

Yes I did mount it to the cylinder heads. I haven't had any issues at all.
One of other members on this forum made me a coil bracket but after like a few hundred miles of riding it broke.

So i bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=330466053519

I got this bracket for cheap. I already had the shorter wires and I didn't move my ignition coil so i asked the guy if he'd just send me the coil bracket and he was cool about it and sold it to me for 40 bucks. It is very thick and very awesome welding work.

Quick Reply: Docs updated Nightster Pics, All feedback is appreciated!