Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Docs updated Nightster Pics, All feedback is appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010 | 02:34 PM
2008nightster
Advanced

I love your gas idea. Im thinking about rigging something like that up. Maybe strapping it to me luggage rack>? not sure thought. love thr bike man.

Old 08-08-2010 | 03:32 PM
DocHoliday06
|
Banned

Originally Posted by streetfighter06
Good job, Doc. Love it.
Hey thanks streetfighter,
Hey man i noticed your located in houston. Wanna do a ride today or something?

Originally Posted by 2008nightster
I love your gas idea. Im thinking about rigging something like that up. Maybe strapping it to me luggage rack>? not sure thought. love thr bike man.
thanks a lot, the gas thing wasn't my idea i just borrowed it from a moco website that wanted to charge 300 for a dang bottle wrapped in leather, so i figured i could figure something out like it but on a budget.
I don't have it on there currently anymore b/c i wanna move it somewhere else i just gotta figure out where.

Old 08-26-2010 | 06:56 PM
codered11343
Intermediate

I love the emergency fuel can you have on it. I'm going on my first long trip in March 2011 (more then 250 miles in one day) and wanted to carry a spare gas can with me, but I never would have thought of using a steel water bottle.
I LOVE IT!!! Now thats thinking outside the box.

How did you attach it to your bike? it looks like a fire extinguisher mount type of thing.

Also, I have heard some reports that the V&H Shortshots cut into your MPG. Have you noticed anything like that with those pipes?

Old 08-26-2010 | 09:23 PM
MADDOG187
Road Master

cool bike , not sure about the seat though , my nightster is stock at the moment apart from the seat , the 883 iron seat is a better fit for my **** , but i intend doing some bits over the winter , its nice to see so many guys posting pics , its giving me good ideas , now i need to rob a bank so i can get started

Old 08-27-2010 | 04:58 AM
chchfatboy
Intermediate

Doc, you done good. Can't wait for the next lot of changes. Good going

Old 08-27-2010 | 08:21 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

looks clean doc. me likey the petro bottle, cool idea

Old 08-27-2010 | 12:37 PM
nivram39
Advanced

Oh ya! Nice.

Old 08-28-2010 | 08:19 PM
DocHoliday06
|
Banned

Originally Posted by codered11343
I love the emergency fuel can you have on it. I'm going on my first long trip in March 2011 (more then 250 miles in one day) and wanted to carry a spare gas can with me, but I never would have thought of using a steel water bottle.
I LOVE IT!!! Now thats thinking outside the box.

How did you attach it to your bike? it looks like a fire extinguisher mount type of thing.

Also, I have heard some reports that the V&H Shortshots cut into your MPG. Have you noticed anything like that with those pipes?

Hey thanks for the compliment man. Um at first i used zip ties but i took those off and im using like a wired cord right now. Like youd find on airplanes and what not. I got the idea from another member but I just got a licks solo bag so i think i might just find a way to connect it to the side of the bag thats closest to the license plate.

I used to have the rinehart slip ons i liked them a lot. as far as gas wise I might have lost some power and torque switching to the short shots. i've noticed that i do need to fill up my bike more often. but hey i also ride the hell out of my bike too.

Originally Posted by MADDOG187
cool bike , not sure about the seat though , my nightster is stock at the moment apart from the seat , the 883 iron seat is a better fit for my **** , but i intend doing some bits over the winter , its nice to see so many guys posting pics , its giving me good ideas , now i need to rob a bank so i can get started
thanks maddog,
eh the seats not for everyone i guess. I like it b/c it goes with the lines of my bike. remember to post pictures for us to see!

Originally Posted by chchfatboy
Doc, you done good. Can't wait for the next lot of changes. Good going
Hey thanks man, I really appreciate it. I'm glad people out there are looking at my bike. haha, i was actually thinking about getting some new bars. I found these apes online called "wicked apes" damn they look cool as HELL!!! I want them so bad.

Originally Posted by bmxatv
looks clean doc. me likey the petro bottle, cool idea
Hey thanks bmxatv,
yeah man im actually thinking about somehow putting it on my licks solo bag. I was thinking maybe attaching it to the long side of the bag that is closest to the license plate. I think it'll look cool there! I think im gonna do a mock up and take pictures and post the pics on here and see what people think.

Old 08-29-2010 | 10:46 PM
TheLastOiScout
6th Gear

Sick ride, looks great!!!!!

Old 08-31-2010 | 09:00 AM
speedbmp07
Advanced

Im digging the bike...You've done a lot of what i want on my bike...What kind of forward controls did you get...I am really interested in getting some, but want black ones, bc i plan on putting as little chrome as possible on mine.

Quick Reply: Docs updated Nightster Pics, All feedback is appreciated!