Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Docs updated Nightster Pics, All feedback is appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010 | 12:30 PM
DocHoliday06
|
Banned

Originally Posted by Steeler
looks good
Thanks man.

Originally Posted by Iron Dandee
how do you like the roadking shocks compared to stock? did it make your ride height lower/higher?
I like the streetglide shocks better than stock. It raised my rear up an inch but i put a 1 inch ABM lowering kit on it and put it back to stock.

Originally Posted by AmmoHouse
You said it was stock in the first pic....looks like it has Rhineharts and a Big Sucker on it...it came with those???
Why did you go with the Shortshots over the Rhineharts??
I'm looking for new pipes is why I'm asking.
Shart bike you have, speedo relocation is next on my list...I won't happen until after Sturgis though.
Oh im sorry, yeah i bought the bike with those mods already on there.
I bought the shortshots b/c TexasBikeBoy had them laying around and sold them to me for 100 bucks and they were barely used. So it was a deal i couldnt pass up and it cleaned the look of my bike a lot. The RineHarts are loud and have a deep rumble but the shortshots are louder when you get on the throttle.

And thanks for looking and the compliment.

Originally Posted by tekdiver500ft
Really looking good. Keep us posted as you continue...
thanks, i will do. Im looking to get new pegs and grips that all match and billet wheels and new headlight.

Originally Posted by inswva
Very nice looking bike. It's also very cool to read about how many folks from HDF were willing and able to lend assistance. Awesome forum we have here, folks.
thanks a lot man. And yes, without those main people and you guys i'd be a bumb on a log.

Originally Posted by shiftharder
Spare gas idea is a good one - is this a kit you bought or did you just invent it?
Thanks, well the idea came from Nash Motorcycle Comp, have one on their website that is wrapped in leather and you just like hook on your bike. I liked the idea but did not want to spend 300 dollars for it so i just went and bought a bottle for $9 dollars and a fire extinguisher bracket for 12 bucks and wired it on to the bike.

Originally Posted by 151fire
Lookin' good man! Keep us posted. I haven't been able to do everything I want to mine, but I love lookin' at others ideas in preperation for that money boat comin' in. LOL!
thanks much appreciated, I know how the money boat feeling goes, man it felt like years when i was waiting for my check and parts to come in and what not.

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
looks nice, I like your bars
Thanks they are called Cigars by nash motorcycle comp

Originally Posted by old skool1983
have you put gas in that fuel cell yet? I'm curious to know if it leaks when its tiped on its side like that, I have one and on long trips i store it upright in my sac. bike looks good, i personaly wouldn't have gone with both rocker boxes chrome...maybe just the uppers and then powdercoated the lowers but she is yours and your obviously proud so good stuff
Yeah i've put gas into it, i've had it for a few months now and haven't had any problems with leaks or the gas eating away the plastic top. The last few pics i actually took it off b/c im trying to find out where else i can put it.
The Rocker boxes i thought about actually doing the top only but i bought the whole set from UPSBROWN, and it came with both top and bottm so i was like eh wth so i just put it on.

Old 08-06-2010 | 01:01 PM
viperashes
Advanced

Pretty slick Doc. I would recommend checking out the new mirrors Harley put out with integrated led blinkers. Right now, my orange Nightster has 12" apes with my mirrors topside. I want to get the integrated blinker mirrors and invert them. It would really clean up the look from the front. Just one less thing hanging from the bike.

Also, I dig that seat, which seat is that?

Old 08-06-2010 | 07:20 PM
blacknight85
Cruiser

Looks good Doc the chrom brings out the the intake I dig the seat too even though my wife didnt guess ill have to get a huge one for comfort for her and sacrifice style lol

Old 08-06-2010 | 07:40 PM
AshMac
Tourer

Nicely done. Love the bike!

Old 08-06-2010 | 08:54 PM
DocHoliday06
|
Banned

Originally Posted by viperashes
Pretty slick Doc. I would recommend checking out the new mirrors Harley put out with integrated led blinkers. Right now, my orange Nightster has 12" apes with my mirrors topside. I want to get the integrated blinker mirrors and invert them. It would really clean up the look from the front. Just one less thing hanging from the bike.

Also, I dig that seat, which seat is that?
Hey Viperashes,
Yeah i totally was looking at them but aren't they like $300? if you see some for cheaper dude let me know! b/c i really thought about going that route too! Yeah there is a bit of clutter on my front end i need to tweak out.

The Seat that i have is by Lepera its called the Silhouette full length LT series. it ran me about $276

Originally Posted by blacknight85
Looks good Doc the chrom brings out the the intake I dig the seat too even though my wife didnt guess ill have to get a huge one for comfort for her and sacrifice style lol
Hey thanks Andrew, I really appreciate it man. YEah, she didn't like it too much, hopefully i can figure out how to get some cushion in there so chicks will dig it. lol I'm glad im almost done with the bike, and a lot of my ideas you helped bring them out. so thanks a lot to you too man.

Originally Posted by AshMac
Nicely done. Love the bike!
Why Thank You AshMac, it I appreciate the compliment very much.

Old 08-06-2010 | 10:47 PM
MassJake
Cruiser

Lookin real good, been seeing you around here you have done some nice stuff to your ride. BTW,off the track but.. didnt you post a while back that one of your buds wrecked? If so, how's he doing?

Old 08-06-2010 | 11:45 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member

Thats a sick ride! I would buy one if I could fit my *** on it...LOL

Old 08-07-2010 | 12:38 AM
Medic666
1st Gear

Looks great!!!

Old 08-07-2010 | 01:42 AM
DocHoliday06
|
Banned

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
Thats a sick ride! I would buy one if I could fit my *** on it...LOL
Haha, thanks Hawaii, that bike in your sig doesn't look to bad itself. Is that a rocker c? i'd love to have one of those any day! lol

Originally Posted by MassJake
Lookin real good, been seeing you around here you have done some nice stuff to your ride. BTW,off the track but.. didnt you post a while back that one of your buds wrecked? If so, how's he doing?
Hey thanks Jake, i've just been saving money and buying shtuff but it seems like once im done buying something im buying another thing. But i know im close to being done and what i want. Just a few more mods and i'll be happy.

And yeah that was TexasBikeBoy. He is doing great, the benefit gathering that was supposed to be held for him got canceled due to the weather and all but we're just waiting a new date to be set. I actually saw him a couple days ago. He's doing well and his leg is healing up too, he had a lil mishap and fell on it and tore some stitches out but other than that he's driving around walking on crutches and in a few weeks he should be getting a new prosthetic leg and walking in no time. He's in good spirit about it all and even back to work and running his company.

Originally Posted by Medic666
Looks great!!!
Thanks medic all is appreciated.

Old 08-07-2010 | 01:10 PM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member

Good job, Doc. Love it.

Quick Reply: Docs updated Nightster Pics, All feedback is appreciated!