Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 06:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Considering whether or not to wear a full face helmet? There is a lot of different variations from full face to no helmet. Choose the Proper Protective Equipment (PPE) that makes you feel comfortable. Some factors to consider:

Read the full discussion below to find out what forum members are wearing.
          Print Wikipost

Real Harley owners dont wear full face helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013 | 10:37 PM
          Victour1200
          Advanced

You know, I want to here from the Guys.. that has been down 3 or 4 times with all that gear on... One of my best friends went off a curve into a light pole with his full face Helmet and we lost him that Day...The 69 year old dude didn't say how many times Full Gear saved his hide from being ground off. I just don't know Ride dressed how you like.. but leave the flip flops at home.. the shifter hurts your Toes...

Old 03-08-2013 | 10:40 PM
          Victour1200
          Advanced

You know, I want to hear from the Guys and Gals.. that has been down 3 or 4 times with all that gear on... One of my best friends went off a curve into a light pole with his full face Helmet and we lost him that Day...The 69 year old dude didn't say how many times Full Gear saved his hide from being ground off. I just don't know, Ride dressed how you like.. but leave the flip flops at home.. the shifter hurts your Toes...

Old 03-09-2013 | 12:46 AM
          Deuuuce
          Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Victour1200
          You know, I want to here from the Guys.. that has been down 3 or 4 times with all that gear on... One of my best friends went off a curve into a light pole with his full face Helmet and we lost him that Day...The 69 year old dude didn't say how many times Full Gear saved his hide from being ground off. I just don't know Ride dressed how you like.. but leave the flip flops at home.. the shifter hurts your Toes...
          My friend walked away from this one. Front tire washed out while braking.

Ever watch motorcycle racing? Think there is a reason for the gear? Don't be naive.

Attached Thumbnails Real Harley owners dont wear full face helmets?-jeffs-helmet.jpg  

Last edited by Deuuuce; 03-09-2013 at 12:49 AM.
          Old 03-11-2013 | 10:28 AM
          WVHogRider
          Elite HDF Member

I wore my fullface on my commute in today. Suppose to rain this afternoon, so the OL suggested last night that I might want to wear it today & I agreed. Still don't like it all that much, and prefer my novelty helmet.

Old 03-11-2013 | 10:43 AM
          Major Thom
          Road Captain

Wear a full face unless you want to look like Freddie Kruger if you ever go down. Most of you guys are ugly enough as it is.

Old 03-11-2013 | 10:48 AM
          Van Buren
          Tourer

I wear a 3/4 with a Bell retro shield. I have ZERO issues wearing a FF though.

Old 03-11-2013 | 11:11 AM
          Village Idiot™
          Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Victour1200
          You know, I want to hear from the Guys and Gals.. that has been down 3 or 4 times with all that gear on... One of my best friends went off a curve into a light pole with his full face Helmet and we lost him that Day...The 69 year old dude didn't say how many times Full Gear saved his hide from being ground off. I just don't know, Ride dressed how you like.. but leave the flip flops at home.. the shifter hurts your Toes...
          A friend of mine killed a deer with his face when it decided to jump over his bike. If he wouldn't have had a full face on, he probably would have been the one that ended up dead. Not to mention, he still received a fracture by his eye socket with the FF helmet still on.

Old 03-11-2013 | 03:47 PM
          1maddmaxx
          Advanced

Open face looks cool, wind in your face and all, but have you ever had a bee zip in between your brain bucket and your head? Also fingerless gloves look hardcore but them damn bees got me there too. I wear all the gear to keep my body parts as intact as possible. In the summer I wear a heavy leather vest over my T- shirt, have never worn shorts or pimp pumps let alone flip flops.

Old 03-11-2013 | 04:04 PM
          baka1969
          Extreme HDF Member
          Veteran: Navy

I just picked up the Nolan N43E Trilogy. It's a FF with shield, sort of a motocross FF without a shield, 3/4 with shield and a 3/4 without the shield. I've tried all the configurations and so far so good.

Old 03-11-2013 | 05:37 PM
          jamm1971
          Stage III

My sportster is my only transportation.A lot of people think I'm nuts for even riding, much less in the cold and rain.Good thing they don't run my life.I think the only douche is the one living for others opinions.That being said I can be a douche at times but I can do that.See?Free,I can do whatever I want.I can pay the consequences too.

Quick Reply: Real Harley owners dont wear full face helmets?