Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 06:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Considering whether or not to wear a full face helmet? There is a lot of different variations from full face to no helmet. Choose the Proper Protective Equipment (PPE) that makes you feel comfortable. Some factors to consider:

Read the full discussion below to find out what forum members are wearing.
          Print Wikipost

Real Harley owners dont wear full face helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010 | 12:39 AM
          Malibyte
          Tourer

Originally Posted by DaytonaSportster
          DILLIGAF

Hahaha! that's what the sticker on the back of my full-face helmet says.

I've been hit in the visor by so many damn big bugs that I KNOW would taste like **** and hurt like hell if they hit me in the face.

Plus the fact that my face is ugly enough without adding nasty road rash to the picture.

To each their own. If somebody else doesn't like what I wear when I ride, they can kiss my @$$.

Old 07-29-2010 | 12:42 AM
          Trex
          Road Master

The droolers that told you that do they ride, walk, even own a bike or car? Fk em. I've been riding HDs for 36 years and don't let anyone tell me what to wear.

Old 07-29-2010 | 12:57 AM
          Dirty Bob
          Cruiser
          Default Full Face or Half A_ _?

Just back riding after many years (rider since 63) and found things are better now. FF helmets that I remember were very hot in the summer. So I purchased my first 3/4 HD Helmet. I like the helmet but the short visor catches wind... I learned that ff are now made with vents and are much cooler than before. HD doesn't allow returns so I will be buying my new ff from another supplier. Bottom line: Wear what you want. I feel half a _ _ for trying a 3/4 to be cool.

Old 07-29-2010 | 01:44 AM
          XLCR4GM
          Road Master

The scar across the front of my Full Face Shoei helmet may very well have ended up on my face after I crashed doing around about 90 MPH or so going East on the 91 heading to Disneyland. I am a big boy and I make my own choices and I can wear whatever I want to wear and I decided to wear a Full Face helmet. YOU can make any choice that YOU want to because it only really effects you in the long run and YOU have to live with the consequences of your choice regardless of what ANYONE else might have to say to you. Just make it the right choice! Good luck on your decision on safety equipment and ride safe out there!

Attached Thumbnails Real Harley owners dont wear full face helmets?-helmet.jpg  
          Old 07-29-2010 | 04:49 AM
          Surgjr
          Cruiser

I wear a 3/4 when it's raining and a half when it is how. I also wear the 3/4 is the cold with a a ski mask to help with the cold. I find that the 3/4 won't fog up like the Full Face.

Old 07-29-2010 | 06:06 AM
          SeeMeDo
          Road Warrior

This is not High School, I'm surprised they didn't tell you, "I thought those were girl's bikes." Harley owners can be the worst follow the latest trends spending more time trying on costumes in front of a mirror than ridding bunch you will ever meet. Ride what you want to ride wear what you want to wear.

Old 07-29-2010 | 06:51 AM
          BigGdawg
          Club Member

Originally Posted by Apaolo
          So my question is, do I look douchey riding around with a full face helmet and gloves and nothing else?
          Yes you do. Anything else you need to know?

Old 07-29-2010 | 07:22 AM
          XL50#674
          Elite HDF Member

Real Harley riders do not wear a helmet at all LOL! If you like you lid and feel safe in it then rock it and screw what someone says. Now 250 miles is a hafe of a good Saturday for me and that is just rolling around and bar hopping-go out and ride that bike.

Old 07-29-2010 | 07:27 AM
          Apaolo
          |
          Novice

Originally Posted by BigGdawg
          Yes you do. Anything else you need to know?
          Takes one to know one! See what I did there

Old 07-29-2010 | 07:29 AM
          Apaolo
          |
          Novice

The weird part is that I think my full face looks pretty bad ***. Its flat black with a dark tinted visor. When I wear my boots, leather jacket, jeans and my ff I feel like something out of a comic book lol.

Quick Reply: Real Harley owners dont wear full face helmets?