Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 06:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Considering whether or not to wear a full face helmet? There is a lot of different variations from full face to no helmet. Choose the Proper Protective Equipment (PPE) that makes you feel comfortable. Some factors to consider:

Read the full discussion below to find out what forum members are wearing.
          Print Wikipost

Real Harley owners dont wear full face helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011 | 02:36 PM
          mywifeishot
          Cruiser

And whats wrong with wearing kilt while riding.....HUH!

Old 12-27-2011 | 02:42 PM
          terryrh
          Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by mywifeishot
          Your name is mywifeishot...we need pics

Old 12-27-2011 | 02:43 PM
          rickss69
          Stellar HDF Member
          Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by mywifeishot
          Go for it PeeWee!

Old 12-27-2011 | 04:22 PM
          emperor wurm
          Road Warrior

you should have punched him in the mouth....I am assuming he was a "real harley owner" hahaha what an ***.

Old 12-27-2011 | 11:56 PM
          FlyinRyan93
          Advanced

Like others said, tell em to fack off. Wear what you want to. I ride with a full face because of the obvious safety gains. I gladly give up "looking cool" for the amount of protection a ff provdes... how cool will you look when you wreck and you scrape your face off on the pavement because you decided to wear a half or no helmet.
          (nothing against those who do wear half or no helmet. This is my opinion on this matter)

Old 12-28-2011 | 01:54 AM
          HTS Mike
          3rd Gear

A friend of mine was in the Green Berets. So he told me that when he first arrived on the day of training, he is in a bus with all these other guys who feel sort of like king ***** because they all made it. They get off the bus and are settling in and they see this giant muscle head guy in fatigues over in the corner... and he's knitting.

They are all sort of staring at this guy and he looks up and asks what the problem is. One guy asks "are you KNITTING?". He says "yeah". The guy says "don't you worry what people will say?". The guy stands up and has gotta be 6'6" and 300lbs of solid muscle. He gets in the guy asking questions face and says "what is it that YOU wanted to say?". The first guy gets weak in the knees and stammers out "errr, nothin'". And the guy says "the only people who care what other people say about them are those trying to be something. I do what I like, and this is what I like".

That says it all. Do what you like and don't let anyone else influence you.

FWIW, I wear a black full face, black visor, black leather jacket, blue jeans and black boots when I ride any of my bikes - whether it's my cruiser, my sport bike, standard, chopper, whatever. I wear what I like that gives me the protection I need. Don't really give a damn what anyone else thinks of it

Old 12-28-2011 | 02:18 AM
          Deuuuce
          Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan93
          Like others said, tell em to fack off. Wear what you want to. I ride with a full face because of the obvious safety gains. I gladly give up "looking cool" for the amount of protection a ff provdes... how cool will you look when you wreck and you scrape your face off on the pavement because you decided to wear a half or no helmet.
          (nothing against those who do wear half or no helmet. This is my opinion on this matter)
          I think it looks cooler than a ridiculous skid-lid anyway.

Old 12-28-2011 | 06:58 AM
          warrick
          Banned

The helmets and gear they make these days are are fantastic, compared to days of old.

I always wear helmet, boots gloves, but recently added some nice low profile under clothes body protection.

For less than $200, I got stealth CE elbow sleeves (fit under any normal hoody), CE lo-pro full back protector and some padded shorts (hips, tailbone).

Is is light, comfortable and breathes well. You can't barely tell I am even wearing armor under my hoody.

Going down would not be fun with full protection, less so with none.

It's your life, make your choice...

Old 12-28-2011 | 08:18 AM
          Benway
          Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by warrick
          The helmets and gear they make these days are are fantastic, compared to days of old.

I always wear helmet, boots gloves, but recently added some nice low profile under clothes body protection.

For less than $200, I got stealth CE elbow sleeves (fit under any normal hoody), CE lo-pro full back protector and some padded shorts (hips, tailbone).

Is is light, comfortable and breathes well. You can't barely tell I am even wearing armor under my hoody.

Going down would not be fun with full protection, less so with none.

It's your life, make your choice...
          Sounds like you're expecting to go down, my friend...

Old 12-28-2011 | 08:22 AM
          warrick
          Banned

Originally Posted by Benway
          Sounds like you're expecting to go down, my friend...

Nope, but I have been unprepared for the unexpected too many times in the past, and there may not be a second chance when it comes to making that mistake on the bike...

Quick Reply: Real Harley owners dont wear full face helmets?