Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 06:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Considering whether or not to wear a full face helmet? There is a lot of different variations from full face to no helmet. Choose the Proper Protective Equipment (PPE) that makes you feel comfortable. Some factors to consider:

Read the full discussion below to find out what forum members are wearing.
          Print Wikipost

Real Harley owners dont wear full face helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010 | 04:55 PM
          kccustom
          Road Master

Post count +1 Cha-Ching!

Oh ya, Since you are a "Harley Owner" you can do anything you want period.

P.S. You could do what ever you wanted before the Harley too but now its more fun!

Old 07-28-2010 | 06:42 PM
          scooter1128
          Road Captain
          Veteran: Marine Corp

i live in florida...hot!!! but i wear a ff and mesh jacket. my bike is a harley. its a personal choice, your face and/or body getting the rash if ya go down. i dont make comments to those who choose not to wear, their body, their decision. i have done the 1/2 helmet thing...i just didnt like it...wind noise, bugs, rocks etc. i have no shield on my bike, so my ff is my shield. its a personal decision, dont worry about what people think.

Old 07-28-2010 | 06:49 PM
          sigsauer33
          Advanced

The day that a 26 year old 5'6 blonde with double D's waves me down and tells me that she wants to marry me and have my children and have me never work again and buy me a new harley, all becuse of the half helmet that i am riding with makes me look like a "real harly rider" that is the day i will give a crap about what i wear and how it looks.

]I only wear full face, and pleanty of other gear. I have been racing for years and know what it feels like to go down and honestly i dont want to feel it again. As all aother have said, i could care less if you wear a full face, half, nothing or knights armor like i do lol as long as you are on two wheels you are good in my book.

I bet the dude that said that to you does not even ride a motorcycle.

Old 07-28-2010 | 06:55 PM
          azmusicman1
          Advanced

Tell them to quit being F'en morons and to mind their own business. Dude, just wear whatever makes you feel safe

Old 07-28-2010 | 06:59 PM
          Simmy150
          Advanced

I wear a full face, gloves, jeans, and boots on every ride. I don't know where, when, or in what weather some idiot will hit me in.

Old 07-28-2010 | 07:07 PM
          jarhead45
          Road Master

I wear a SHOEI full face the best and unfortunitly one of the most expensive. If ya wanna be "BIKER" first rule - dont give a flyin fug what other people think. In fact that is rule 2 also. Personally I see alot of the bigger clubs going to FF because the man cant stop ya for a safety check because all FF are DOT approved, i think anyways. Do what ya want ... he77 with the rest.

Old 07-28-2010 | 07:11 PM
          brak4222
          Tourer

Real Harley owners don't care what other Harley owners wear on their head. They respect other riders....period.

Personally, I have heard everything from people about why they wear a full helment down to not wearing a helmet. I say it's the rider's choice. If someone wants to wear no helmet at all, they better be ready to take the consequenses when they go down...

Old 07-28-2010 | 07:14 PM
          oldncrzy
          Road Master

I have 2 half helmets and 1 full face. I prefer the 1/2 helmets but long distance rides I have been using my full face this year. Hate rain pelting me, and it is less tiring overall rain or shine.

Old 07-28-2010 | 07:22 PM
          Jackie Paper
          Seasoned HDF Member
          Default Same thing

I had a Harley rider say the same thing to me within the last three months. Only thing I can figure is his mother must have been mean to him or some think. For the life of me I cannot figure why some people want to cookie cut others

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 09-14-2018 at 10:26 AM.
          Old 07-28-2010 | 07:30 PM
          el campito
          Cruiser
          Default helmets

wear what you want

protecting yourself is good

anyhow alot of people riding in the states (arizona ) without a helmet

dont they get a ticket?

Quick Reply: Real Harley owners dont wear full face helmets?