Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 06:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Considering whether or not to wear a full face helmet? There is a lot of different variations from full face to no helmet. Choose the Proper Protective Equipment (PPE) that makes you feel comfortable. Some factors to consider:

Read the full discussion below to find out what forum members are wearing.
          Print Wikipost

Real Harley owners dont wear full face helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011 | 07:39 PM
          Deuuuce
          Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blackfly
          Sorry if this has been said, but I don't have the time or money to try lots of helmets in the field, so to speak, but when I went to the harley dealer thinking I would buy a full face, the ones I tried limited my vision so much It scared me standing next to the sales girl , who I could'nt see, and that's why I wear a 3/4 or whatever you call it.
          If I can't see, the helmet is going to force a test I don't want to take.
          Your eyes are not on the side of your head? You have time to go to the dealer, you have money to buy a 3/4 and your head shouldn't be fixed on a bike anyway. Somehow pros wear them in 100mph+ sweepers only inches from each other and threshold braking into turns.

Stay safe.

Old 09-08-2011 | 07:53 PM
          xFreebirdx
          Ultimate HDF Member

I wear what I want, when I want, if I want........ People who don't like it can kiss my ***.....

Old 09-08-2011 | 08:24 PM
          mikeallenbrown
          Cruiser

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
          I wear what I want, when I want, if I want........ People who don't like it can kiss my ***.....

Old 09-08-2011 | 11:22 PM
          capitalist_slave
          Road Warrior

Sorry if this has been said, but I don't have the time or money to try lots of helmets in the field, so to speak, but when I went to the harley dealer thinking I would buy a full face, the ones I tried limited my vision so much It scared me standing next to the sales girl , who I could'nt see, and that's why I wear a 3/4 or whatever you call it.
          If I can't see, the helmet is going to force a test I don't want to take.
          Harley sells **** helmets... sucks, but their aren't a lot of places around here to try different helmets either. Luckily a friend of mine lent me one of his two helmets to try... since we're built about the same i went with the same size when i picked mine out. The Shoei helmet had all the features i wanted and the price reflects product quality. I also have a 3/4 Shoei J-wing for my girl.

Old 09-09-2011 | 11:09 AM
          Blackfly
          Road Master
          Smile

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
          Your eyes are not on the side of your head? You have time to go to the dealer, you have money to buy a 3/4 and your head shouldn't be fixed on a bike anyway.

Somehow pros wear them in 100mph+ sweepers only inches from each other and threshold braking into turns.

Stay safe.
          LOL -no my eyes are stock. And I am not a pro, can only guess what a sweeper is but I'm guessing those guys don't have people texting next to them and I'm guessing the track does'nt have steel plates and big potholes- no? Thanks for any advice that will help keep me safe.

Old 09-09-2011 | 11:15 AM
          terryrh
          Elite HDF Member

LOL -no my eyes are stock. And I am not a pro, can only guess what a sweeper is but I'm guessing those guys don't have people texting next to them and I'm guessing the track does'nt have steel plates and big potholes- no? Thanks for any advice that will help keep me safe.
          sweepers = curves

Old 09-09-2011 | 11:31 AM
          krazy j
          5th Gear

i have seen too many videos on the internet of people wearing brain buckets hittin the ground and smashin there whole head. i will never stop wearing my full face anymore.

Old 09-09-2011 | 12:06 PM
          Pixiechitos
          Road Warrior

Last edited by Pixiechitos; 03-03-2012 at 03:48 PM.
          Old 09-09-2011 | 07:05 PM
          emilio gonzalez
          Intermediate

who cares what other people think , lots of harley owners wear full face it especially doesnt look bad with the iron

Old 09-09-2011 | 08:19 PM
          Deuuuce
          Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by emilio gonzalez
          who cares what other people think , lots of harley owners wear full face it especially doesnt look bad with the iron
          To me the little brain bucket looks positively ridiculous and not in the least bit cool at all. I'm not the only one.

Quick Reply: Real Harley owners dont wear full face helmets?