Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2011 Models are up on Harley's Site

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:05 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TowJam
Incorrect.

According to this review, the SL has some significant upgrades over the 883L - including suspension and chassis. It's a shame that it has virtually NO lean angle. According to HD's website, it has just over 24 degrees L/R lean capabilities - that's less than an Iron or Nightster. That sucks.
Hm. that review convinced me that they made a lot of good changes. ECM to steering head now?! Did that happen on the other models?

Old 07-27-2010, 09:37 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

From that review:

" Now here’s the catch: in reality the SuperLow is an all-new model that’s only based on the low-rider theme. In truth, the SuperLow checks in with new suspension calibrations front and rear, new wheel and tires sizes, new fork and gas tank, even a new and better-padded solo seat."

Suspension changes only, not chassis (frame) changes. Still not deserving of a name change. And most definitely not an "all-new model". "All-New" denotes a ground up rebuild with nothing the same. Maybe the "Improved 883Low", but not the "SuperLow". It's still just a marketing thing.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:40 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TowJam
Incorrect.

According to this review, the SL has some significant upgrades over the 883L
Upgrades, yes. But not an "all-new model" as they claim. An improvement does not make a new model.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:53 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by veritas.archangel
From that review:

" Now here’s the catch: in reality the SuperLow is an all-new model that’s only based on the low-rider theme. In truth, the SuperLow checks in with new suspension calibrations front and rear, new wheel and tires sizes, new fork and gas tank, even a new and better-padded solo seat."

Suspension changes only, not chassis (frame) changes. Still not deserving of a name change. And most definitely not an "all-new model". "All-New" denotes a ground up rebuild with nothing the same. Maybe the "Improved 883Low", but not the "SuperLow". It's still just a marketing thing.
I actually think the name makes sense now that I get it fully. They want people to notice that it has updates. It is still the low. They were actually conservative (compared to the past reputation) in not giving it a fully new name, they just added the designation. It's the same as calling it the "low plus" or "Low X-treme" (probably high on the list). The actual name "super low" is pretty terrible though...

P.S. Please call me Super Killer Scott from now on.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:06 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior

The FatBoy Lo is still lower.

And Harley's website is giving it a fully new name. As they state, it's the "All New Superlow." And even trademarked the name. They're not calling it the 883sl on the website. It's not all new, it's just improved.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:45 PM
LngRidr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the looks of the Iron in yellow, and the 1200 and nightster in cool blue. But they need to bring back a roadster with dual disc brakes.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:20 AM
XLCR4GM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

2011 XR1200X, I WANT ONE!!! Either color will do or how about one of each, please! I've been good. I promise! Are ya listening Santa!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Maidenas
Cruiser

Nothing too exciting in 2011 models...I kinda like the yellow Iron, but I would also like to see some Nightster color options on both Iron and 48 as well, especially Apple Green - Black and Red - Black...

The new Superlow was a dissapointment for me...you have a super cool name and you get an improved (???) 883 Low...what I would like to see, a mix of Custom, Low and 48, that is: wide glide front end, 16" wheels in front and rear, large tank with onboard dash, super low suspension, chopped rear fender, black-chrome engine (like in 1200C)....oooh, wait! That is my dream bike! And if I want my dream bike, I have to make it on my own!...well, that is the excitement of owning a Harley Davidson...the sky is the limit...

PS: I would also love to see a Springer Sportster...

Old 07-28-2010, 01:33 AM
chevy94ss
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thae HD logo on the tank on the Nightster looks pretty cool

Old 07-28-2010, 04:41 AM
AnimalRides
Cruiser

This looks like the year to get my wife a bike.
Baby blue, Big Bird yellow, Apple green... Merlot???

To each their own, but I'm definitely not digging the colors this year.

Quick Reply: New 2011 Models are up on Harley's Site