Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do if...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010 | 06:06 PM
Auckland
Tourer

Lay a circle of road spikes around it.

Old 07-19-2010 | 06:09 PM
midnight2005
Banned

I never park where cagers park unless I positively have to, then I make sure it has plenty of space. If I have to I park on the sidewalk or close to the light pole. anything to stay away from cages

Old 07-19-2010 | 06:19 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

fvck man....twice! i'd be fuming too bro but it's one of those, what can you do type situations unless you caught the fvcking *******. take a deep breath, drink a beer, do a shot, pull a bong hit and forget about it. park that thing on the sidewalk for now on, good luck dude.

Old 07-19-2010 | 07:14 PM
moreira72
Advanced

Originally Posted by Archilochus
...you caught some cager tipping your bike, then trying to prop it back up to hide the damage?

It's happened to me twice this summer. TWICE! Both times, my bike was parked on the street. I come back to it and realize that it's been knocked over, probably by some ******* cager pulling in/out of the parking spot beside me. Front brake lever is gnarled out of shape; handle bars are skewed; scratches and scuff marks all over the place. Over $500 worth of damage the first time. Happened again this morning, two weeks after I got the bike back from the first time!!!! TWO WEEKS!!!! Man, I'm PISSED. I'll probably never catch the mother****er, but the pleasure of imagining various cruel and unusual torments for the little bitch will help ease my pain until I get the bike back in shape. Any ideas? Thanks for letting me rant.
Was the bike knocked over when you came back, or was it on the jiffy stand. I don't think a cager would have gotten out of the car, stood the bike up and then leave. I have personally witnessed people (teens mostly) and some drunk douchebags sit on bikes that were not theirs and knock them over, stand them back up in a panic and leave like nothing happened. Some people see a bike parked on the street or a strip mall and think they have the right to touch, and or sit on it. That pisses me off. Just my opinion.

Old 07-19-2010 | 07:19 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Archilochus
Yea, I got one of those. I was down there in minutes. The culprit wasn't there by the time I arrived. The car right behind me still had a warm hood and had scratches on the front. Might be the ***-clown in question, might not. Took some pics, took down the plate number, gave it to the insurance company, but chances are nobody will be able to prove anything, so I'm probably screwed again. Man, I'M SO PISSED!!!! AAAARGH!!!!!
I feel your pain...
In a case like that, I would have called the cops. Take pics, wait for them to show up, and at least file a report. But somewhere in there (if it was actually them), I'd let the diaboilical games begin. It was said somewhere that youth and energy are no match for wisdom and cunning. I would screw with that jerk-off in so many untraceable ways, he'd have to untie his shoes to breath.

Old 07-19-2010 | 08:25 PM
delane
Tourer

Did you ask around the area to see if there were any witnesses? I would offer a reward to find the guy that did that to my bike.

Old 07-19-2010 | 08:49 PM
delane
Tourer

Originally Posted by VirtualNorm
get one of those security systems that pages you, when it goes of, you can run back and catch him/her red handed..
How does this system work?

Old 07-20-2010 | 08:01 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member

Yeah alot has to do with where you park, but people that hit your bike should cover the damage for sure.

Old 07-20-2010 | 08:33 AM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain

Originally Posted by delane

I have seen more than one of them on the net, its basically a car alarm for motorcycles, and some have a little pager or keyfob that goes off so.

Here is a writeup on one ---> http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...orcycle-alarm/

Old 07-20-2010 | 09:27 AM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master

Originally Posted by delane
It's a motion sensor that when activated it will alert you with a beeper/pager devise. I thought about one of these myself, as my alarm system simply disables the bike so it can't be started, oh yes, and the signals will flash. Not much good if the bike is in the back of a van on its way to the chop shop.

Quick Reply: What would you do if...