Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I came so close... I could have touched it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:40 PM
OldTmeCowboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took some bird out with my chest one day. That little sucker hurt! He just flew right into me, Hitchcock-style.
Can't say if it survived or not.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:55 PM
JimmySGC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah a head on with a skunk might have left a lasting impression if you catch my drift. Hitting them with a car stinks bad enough, slapping one with a helmet might be worse!!
A while back I had a large fox run out of the weeds and make a sudden turn beside my bike. It must have just lasted a sec, but he seemed to run beside my bike for a while. Time sure slows down when something bad is about to happen. Just glad he ran back to the woods from which he came.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:39 PM
azpsychobilly
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a few encounters with creatures of the night on my bike...many more with ladies of the night

Old 07-19-2010, 09:47 PM
delane
Tourer

That was a great story. I wonder what the skunks version would sound like?

Old 07-20-2010, 12:27 AM
eviltwin415
Tourer

Originally Posted by inswva
Glad he didn't get you, either way. I almost went down on Friday on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I was heading north to meet the buyer of one of my Glocks and a huge turkey blasted out of the brush about four feet in the air. I was in the middle of a 50mph sweeper on top of the ridge and he flew no more than six feet in front of the bike. I almost **** myself. Going off the road would have meant a 1500ft+ tumble.
3 things I miss living in SF: southwest VA, freedom of firearms, and the Blue Ridge Parkway.... when I get a bagger i'm riding it back out that way.

Anyway, the only thing we gotta watchout for here in the city is dirty hippies and I tend not to slow down for them. I did see the largest coyote I've ever seen in the Presidio, but he looked like he knew better than to cross at that moment.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:51 AM
XLCR4GM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah eviltwin415, I sure do miss that Blue Ridge Parkway and Great Falls too! The Parkway is just beautiful to ride and as inswva said, a LONG way to fall. Hey, eviltwin415, the last time I was in Frisco I was having a drink over at ZEITGEIST and I think that I was the ONLY person in that crowded bar that actually rode a motorcycle over there. What’s up with that?

Old 07-20-2010, 03:21 AM
eviltwin415
Tourer

Originally Posted by XLCR4GM
Yeah eviltwin415, I sure do miss that Blue Ridge Parkway and Great Falls too! The Parkway is just beautiful to ride and as inswva said, a LONG way to fall. Hey, eviltwin415, the last time I was in Frisco I was having a drink over at ZEITGEIST and I think that I was the ONLY person in that crowded bar that actually rode a motorcycle over there. What’s up with that?
Haha, it's cuz more often than not, biker bars in SF means bicycle riding douchebag hipsters who wear skinny jeans, carry messenger bags, and have androgynous haircuts that match their girlfriends' (or in many cases boyfriends)!!! There's a few decent hole in wall places left here though.

I didn't ride when I lived in VA, but someday I'll go back to see it the right way. I lived in Radford. Used to take my german shepherd up to Buffalo Mountain, an old fire lookout tower on top and you could see for miles. I think it was right off the parkway, but it's been 10 years....

Last edited by eviltwin415; 07-20-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:46 AM
CRASH
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got hit upside the dome a few years back by a suicidal grouse! Came out of a stand of Hemlocks in the Allegheny National Forest, and he was Hellbent to hit me. lol

Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 PM
squiggy68
Intermediate

I'm glad you wern't hurt man, but thats a good story! talk about a staring showdown! I hit a dog once that was just hit by the car in front of me, the damn dog got up and tried to move and fell over right in front of me, I looked like Fred Flintstone trying to keep the bike upright, whick I thankfully did.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:13 PM
Sessi's snatch
1st Gear

I heard your dick fell off

Quick Reply: I came so close... I could have touched it!