Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud Pipes in downtown Chicago...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Rollo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Loud Pipes in downtown Chicago...

Last night me and the fellas were pulled over and ticketed on Rush street for (you ready?)... NOISE POLUTION! On Rush St of all places. Here's the kicker... we couldn't even hear the cop speaking due to the loud music coming from the surrounding clubs . BS I tell ya... I'll be fighting this one. ((((VROOOOOM)))))

Old 06-26-2010, 04:07 PM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

Bring a tape recorder back to the scene so you can back up your claim in court.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:42 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

In Edmonton here they just passed a new law (first city in North America to do so) that is specific to motorcycles, the cops have bought six new DB meters and anything over 92 DB at idle or 96 DB at 2000 rpm gets a $250.00 fine.
Nothing in the law about loud cars, buses, trucks, music, chainsaws etc just motorcycles, it's total BS.
Here is a link to the news story if your interested http://www.nationalpost.com/news/Edm...724/story.html

Old 06-26-2010, 04:59 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default brand-new business

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
In Edmonton here they just passed a new law (first city in North America to do so) that is specific to motorcycles, the cops have bought six new DB meters and anything over 92 DB at idle or 96 DB at 2000 rpm gets a $250.00 fine.
Nothing in the law about loud cars, buses, trucks, music, chainsaws etc just motorcycles, it's total BS.
Here is a link to the news story if your interested http://www.nationalpost.com/news/Edm...724/story.html
By investing in a little technology and manpower many municipalities are "going into business" with an ongoing revenue producer such as this. We are their prey.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:07 PM
scarpetta
Tourer

I live in river north just 5 blocks from rush and I have to ask were you just riding normal down rush? only reason I ask is I ride here 7 days a week and my 48 is far from quiet and have never had an issue. I am respectful of areas like wells st were all the cafe's are rush has a lot of open window bars and such so I dont ride through there unless im clubbing in the area. My experience with Chicago law so far has been little to none thankfully.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:10 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

If you have loud pipes you are not prey, you are a volunteer.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Rollo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scarpetta
I live in river north just 5 blocks from rush and I have to ask were you just riding normal down rush? only reason I ask is I ride here 7 days a week and my 48 is far from quiet and have never had an issue. I am respectful of areas like wells st were all the cafe's are rush has a lot of open window bars and such so I dont ride through there unless im clubbing in the area. My experience with Chicago law so far has been little to none thankfully.

Well.... we were barely moving (due to traffic) it was bumber to bumber. We were riding in a group of 5. The officer said it was because he heard my buddy's Big Bear chopper 1st.... which prompted him to pull all of over. Then he checked each bike for visible modifications... mainly pipes. The ticket states "straight pipes".

He was getting ready to impound 2 of our bikes because his papers weren't with them and my buddy's MC license expired 1 day prior (we were riding for is birthday). When 6 more riders appeared... he hurried and issued our tickets and "get out of here" only to catch 6 more fish.

We are not the type to do the dumb stuff. All are 40 and over professionals (3vets) enjoying life. This is nuts.

After calling a friend (Chicago's finest). .. I found out many folks have recieved tickets the night before. They are trying to deter bikers from riding the area (request from the alderperson).

You maybe just lucky or...

Last edited by Rollo; 06-26-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:48 AM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

get a hold of your local abate chapter. They have resources to help you.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:45 AM
onebagger15
Tourer

Loud pipes save lives.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:52 AM
SpoilSport
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of cities are looking for ways to cut down on the number of people just cruising on busy streets. You may have got caught up in the clean up mess ... good luck in fighting this one.

Quick Reply: Loud Pipes in downtown Chicago...