Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:23 AM
dubll_r
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have a 5th gen ipod nano.Whenever I do use it it is mainly to video record from it.Has a great video camera that records at speed beautifully.But when I do listen to it I keep only the left side in all the way up..its perfect,loud enough to hear over pipes but I can still hear everything around me including listening to my bike.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:36 AM
JustinDap
Cruiser

Only on longer trips do I listen to my iPod. Unless I have a second person riding w/ me.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:41 AM
nicolacycles
Stage III

I listen to my ipod while riding. the wind hurts my fragile ears.....especially when it's cold out.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:40 PM
catlkn
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I was nervous about riding with my Zune at first, but now I crank it up almost everytime I ride and I don't feel right without it.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:09 PM
txhdguy
Cruiser

I listen too my nano when i ride. I just make sure I am alert to every thing else. I too feel like I can feel my bike better.

Is it legal to ride with them?

Last edited by txhdguy; 06-24-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: I want to add a question
Old 06-24-2010, 02:54 PM
topjimmy
Cruiser

I love to listen to my IPOD when I ride. I have to turn it all the way up to hear over my pipes though.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:09 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Use my Oakley Thump 2's when I'm not on the Street Glide. Not as much capacity (1GB) as my Ipod but no wires either.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:59 PM
jakeg823
Intermediate

if you can hear with an ipod going then go for it!

but me personally, i don't because I'm already borderline ADD(self proclaimed at least), and I don't have the best hearing to begin w/, so i stick with just the cheapo foam ear plugs, unless i'm on my ninja w/ a full face helmet, and then I wear some nicer, longer lasting plugs I use for the shooting range, w/ a string attached to them(don't use them with a half helmet because the wind tugs at the string and pulls them out of my ears.)

I also don't believe in talking on the phone while riding, but once again, thats just a personal preference, and if you can multitask that well then by all means! I have several friends who do it(via blue tooth helmet set ups, while riding twisties on sportbikes(I would NEVER recommend this though, especially at any kind of speed, and on a road you're unfamiliar w/)

I also tell my fiance its not safe just so i dont have to waste the money on a stupid set of intercoms for the helmets! the excuse of: "if i wanted to talk we'd pull over" stopped working pretty quick unfortunately

Old 06-28-2010, 07:39 AM
MechsHands
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After doing an 8 hour day on the bike with a 2 hour freeway ride home I realized I was missing the music. I was exhausted and less attentive without having music. I personally HATE earbuds under any circumstances. I never found them comfy. I got a set of helmet speakers and a booster for my mp3 player that I LOVE. My mrs hates it when she sees me rocking to the beat and she doesn't have any music for herself.

I do believe its important to keep it at a reasonable level. By doing so I found that I am far less fatigued, far more attentive, and therefore safer, especially on longer days on the bike.

I caught a ton of flak for it from many on here, especially since I was a newer rider. But again its all about moderation and keeping everything at reasonable levels.

MH

Old 07-03-2010, 08:47 PM
the_MAD_Baker
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i usually take my nano with me , but i dont always use it.
you can google state motorcycle laws, to check and see if your state allows earbuds or not. all states are not the same. i live in iowa , and we can use tham here.

Quick Reply: Ipod