Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets see you 48's..

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 02:56 PM
raptoid780
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always ridden stripped down bikes. I had a CFL before I moved to another state and just kind of used to that. Plus it cleans it up and simplifies it. I prefer the cleaner look with less clutter. That's all.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:59 PM
raptoid780
Intermediate

Originally Posted by YOURADHERE
Probably to go for that simplified look. Some states don't require safety things like a horn, signals, 2 mirrors, etc.
Beat me to it. And yea...the state I'm in now doesn't require blinkers. Not sure about everything else.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by raptoid780
And here's the rear shot that I forgot about....sorry about the sun spot. Didn't have the filter on the SLR.
Very nice looking bike. The tank lift really works well on this one.

***Warning: Off Topic Area Ahead***

BTW, a filter would have made the 'sun spot (lens flare)' worse, not better. If you see it before taking the picture, you can eliminate it by holding a hat over the lens in such a way as to cause the shadow to cover the lens without blocking any image area.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Blaven48
Road Captain

Well that is a good explanation I suppose That's a big no no here in PA and I personally wouldn't do something like that to many idiot drivers out there so as it is. Heck I just went for a ride and had 3 people almost pull out in front of me and I was using the blinkers. And all 3 of them were turning left and look to the right first...

Old 09-28-2010, 06:18 PM
raptoid780
Intermediate

Hey no worries man
Originally Posted by Blaven48
Well that is a good explanation I suppose That's a big no no here in PA and I personally wouldn't do something like that to many idiot drivers out there so as it is. Heck I just went for a ride and had 3 people almost pull out in front of me and I was using the blinkers. And all 3 of them were turning left and look to the right first...
Hey no worries man. Its just prefrence really. Its not for everyone but it is what it is i suppose. One of things i've been used to.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Blaven48
Road Captain

Was just curious is all since i'm sorta new with the whole bike scene I just assumed that most if not all states required that stuff on to pass inspection. Either way still a sleek looking bike.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 PM
HERE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A couple updated pics. Put some new stuff on and cleaned it up for bike night tonight. LaRosa tool bag and left side solo bag came in today as well as the billet shifter peg from member 4t8. The bags are great quality and I was able to pick up both for less than just one Lick's Solo bag(Tool bag-$60, Solo-$130). Im trying to decide if I should get the right side one as well but Im concerned about it getting burned by the exhaust. I may just order it and if it wont work just use it on my XS650. And I think I may pickup the matching pegs from 4t8 as well.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:07 PM
4t8
Cruiser

A couple updated pics. Put some new stuff on and cleaned it up for bike night tonight. LaRosa tool bag and left side solo bag came in today as well as the billet shifter peg from member 4t8. The bags are great quality and I was able to pick up both for less than just one Lick's Solo bag(Tool bag-$60, Solo-$130). Im trying to decide if I should get the right side one as well but Im concerned about it getting burned by the exhaust. I may just order it and if it wont work just use it on my XS650. And I think I may pickup the matching pegs from 4t8 as well.
Great looking bike!! I really like that springer seat, I'm gonna have to do a springer on mine eventually. The shift peg looks GREAT!
Email me anytime if you want to add some matching pegs, or possibly change your shift link from black to raw aluminum, or anything else you might think of.
4t8

Old 09-30-2010, 08:07 AM
HERE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks. The seat has been my favorite addition so far as far as looks and comfort.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:45 PM
RJMerc
5th Gear

I also got the LaRosa bag, but I'm not crazy about the quality at all. No matter how many times I polish it with leather conditioner, it just seems to fade and discolor unevenly each time. Yours somehow looks to be better quality than mine, but maybe yours is brand new in the pic? Mine is about a month old...not very old, but it seems much more worn.

I've also been meaning to ask those with side bags if they've come up with a better attachment system than the leather straps provided with the bags (that's what La Rosa provides anyway). They're a real pain to remove when I wash the bike and a bigger pain to re-install. I was trying to think of some quick disconnect system, but haven't come up with anything yet... Anyone else have a good fix?

Quick Reply: Lets see you 48's..