Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:39 PM
bikecop40
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service Video

Anyone out there know if they make a service video along with the service manual for the Sporty???????
Had to drive 120 miles to get the bike because of poor service in my area, going back to the dealer for the 1000 mile check up then, on my own for the service
Any help on the video would be great
Thanks All

Old 08-23-2006, 12:45 AM
osgoor
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Service Video

Check out http://www.fixmyhog.com/

Old 08-23-2006, 01:06 AM
cmorris48
Road Captain

What osgoor said..worth the investment

Old 08-23-2006, 03:41 AM
bikecop40
Tourer

Just now ordered it !!
Thanks
D/C

Old 08-23-2006, 09:25 AM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool. Let me know how it is. I've been thinking about getting one. They're a sponsor here too.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Iron Legend
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: osgoor

Check out http://www.fixmyhog.com/

I'll agree...I've got their "Fix My Hog" DVD and it's a 'must have' IMO.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:06 PM
jonny ebola
Road Captain

I've been looking for this! Just bought it. Thanks!

(first post! 06 1200 XLC)

Old 08-24-2006, 02:39 AM
Tralfaz
Road Master

I ordered this a little while back (though I have to admit I have been on a tight schedule at work, so havn't had a chance to watch it yet). It was funny. I had the DVD shipped to work and got an e-mail from the guy at Fix My Hog mentioning that he recognized the company name and was a fan of some of the video games we've made. It's pretty cool to order somebody's product and to find out that someone there is also a fan of your product(s).

I'm really looking forward to watching the video. I'm going to have the dealership do the 1000 mile just for my peace of mind coming out of the break-in period, but I'm planning on doing all other scheduled maintenance myself. It felt pretty good to bust out the tools when I installed my V&H slip-ons recently since it's been a while since I had a car I could actually maintain myself without a computer.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:43 PM
olesalt
Tourer

The Sportster Service Manual covers all the info on the DVD and much, much more in greater detail. I ordered it from the HD shop and if memory serves me right it was about the same price as the DVD or a little more. It paid for itself in about 2 minor problems. My 04 is out of warranty so the HD labor to fix a neutral position swithc problem paid for the manual.

Olesalt

Old 08-24-2006, 03:27 PM
HarleyRulez
Intermediate

Its interesting to me that you find the service manual helpful. I found it to be just the opposite. It has some useful info, don't get me wrong, but the manual tends to be unclear or vague in many ways. It often says "remove X" but does not tell you HOW to remove that part. Another example is setting the pre-load. It does not tell you which setting to use for more weight (do you increase pre-load or de-crease it?) They just assume you know stuff. Also, for many repairs it does not always tell you what tool to use. I find this particulalry frustrating. I tried to remove my own carb in order to swap slow jets, and found the instructions on this website to be much better than the manual. Of course, I am nowhere near a gearhead, but I did manage to dis-assemble the center console of my audi (with instructions and pictures from the internet) to fix two lousy climate control bulbs that no shop wanted to be bothered replacing, so I can turn a screwdriver or wrench in my own defense every now and then. I like the idea of being shown exactly how to do something. Its how doctors are trained, and it makes sense...watch one, do one, teach one...

HR

Quick Reply: Service Video